Time Based Connecting in Archer D50

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-05-23 16:33:08

i bought the archer D50, but i can't find the option for active and disable internet at a certain time.

For example: Internet start from 4AM to.... 12PM

There are only "Connect On Demand", Connect Automatically and Connect Manually. I've searched in the Parental Control too, there isn't anything.

Maybe there's a way for to se it in the parental control?

Or maybe, this router doesn't have this option?

Options
5 Reply
Re:Time Based Connecting in Archer D50
2019-05-27 10:15:53

Hi,

There is no option to enable/disable internet at a certain time directly, while there is a workaround. 

You can add your device to parental control and select internet access time for it with specific filter rules to satisfy your needs.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1008/

For example, you want to block internet from 12:00PM-7:00AM, you can add the devices into parental control, choose this time period and select whitelist without any keyword. 

May it help and have a nice day. 

Options
2019-05-27 18:42:23 - last edited 2019-05-27 18:44:23

It's impossible to do this.

I want a black list with some websites, and, at the same way, i want to set a connection time.

So, if i want to block some sites, i have to choose as "Restriction" Black List.

If i want a connection time, i have to choose "Restriction" White List, but without the possibilty to set both the option. Am i right?

Can you help me? I have seen the connection time under lan preference in other tp-link router, but not in this. 

Please, help me to solve this problem.

Options
Re:Re:Time Based Connecting in Archer D50
2019-05-28 07:15:28

Hi, blacklist and whitelist cannot exist both. 

To setup connection time, per I said, there is no option to do that; while you can check whether your router supports wifi schedule, if so, you can use it as a workaround.

You can refer to page 69.

https://static.tp-link.com/Archer_D50(EU)_V2_User_Guide_1480751030959u.pdf

Good day. 

Options
2019-05-28 12:42:53

I have another problem: When i make "green" all the calendar, choose blacklist and add some sites, the sites are blocked all day.

But, when i do this, i can't enter in my router (192.168.1.1) anymore. The address of the router is blocked too.

Why this? It's a bug?

Options
Re:Re:Time Based Connecting in Archer D50
2019-05-29 03:24:38

Hi,

Per I said, the internet access time is the time period when the filter rules take effect, in other word, if you make "green" all the calendar, choose blacklist and add some sites, the sites will be blocked all day. 

For the login issue, you can change different web browser or different devices to give it a go. 

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 737

Replies: 5

Related Articles