Archer D50 constant disconnect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-05-24 03:57:31 - last edited 2019-06-23 00:56:22
Model: Archer C1200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 0.8.0 1.3 v0046.0 Build 170223 Rel.61663n

I have bought Archer D50 and was working normally until recently as i get constant disconnect with the b/m error code "Please configure your DNS manually". Although DNS is already configured and set to google DNS server (8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4) both in the advanced-> network and in the lan settings. and it doesnt work unless i reseted the router or  disconnected and connected again using the advanced -> network tab.

I live in egypt and my ISP is TE-data also my VPI/VCI is 0/35. and if you need any other info please let me know and i will provide it

so please support as this is a big problem since not only it affect normal internet usage but also, my bussiness since i work remotely.

ps: i couldnt find my model in the menu above so i choose another one . Sorry for that.

File:
log.txtDownload
Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Re:Re:Re:Archer D50 constant disconnect-Solution
2019-06-23 00:56:17 - last edited 2019-06-23 01:00:33

After i tried many solutions, the only thing that worked for me is to connect the router directly to the line without the splitter
and the phone and it has been working perfectly eversince.

No disconnection, No "configure dns manually" or any other trouble.
but i am not sure what was the problem? is it the splitter or the phone line?

Recommended Solution
Options
9 Reply
Re:Archer D50 constant disconnect
2019-05-28 06:24:12

Hi,

From the screenshot you sent me, there is a WAN IP address when the message pops up-- ask to configure the DNS manually.

There are some suggestions you can give it a go and check whether it works. 

a. Please login to the web page and go to advanced-network-DSL settings to enable SRA and Bit swap. 

b. Then please go to  Advanced > Network > LAN Settings page and select IPv4, change the primary DNS to 8.8.8.8 and change secondary DNS to 8.8.4.4 and click save.

c. Go to advanced-QoS-settings to enable it. Do not change other settings.

After that, please check whether it works.

If not, please collect  some details as below when the connection DROPS OUT.

1. Go to Advanced-Network-internet page and click Disconnect, and then click reconnect to check whether it can obtain IP address.

2. The screenshots of the basic, the whole page of the status page, and please export the system log and the screenshot of the firmware upgrade page.
Note: You can go to advanced-system tools-system log and click save log, there will be a txt file and you can export it to us.

3. Please tell me whether it will come back to work automatically, or you need reboot or reset the router.

4.When the connection drops out, please try to ping
A. The default gateway of the router, and show us the ping result.
B. Please nslookup 8.8.8.8 and tell us the results.

May it help and have a nice day.

Options
Re:Re:Archer D50 constant disconnect
2019-05-28 07:23:12
First of all, thanks for your reply. secondly, the DNS is already configured both in the LAN setting and the network advanced setting. i cant find the mentioned QOS setting. so if you could give more details. i would be thankful. my model is archer d50 finally i have already uploaded the log file in the original message and will provide more PS if needed thanks again and waiting for your support
Options
Re:Re:Re:Archer D50 constant disconnect
2019-05-29 03:35:59

Hi,

Thanks for your reply; when the error message pops up, please take a picture of the advanced-status page and send it to us. 

FYI, the Archer D50 does not support QoS instead, it supports bandwidth control, you can enable it and give it a go.

Meanwhile, how do you make it back to work? like it will back to work automatically, or you need reboot or reset the router.

Besides, when the connection drops out, please try to ping:
A. The default gateway of the router, and show us the ping result.
B. Please nslookup 8.8.8.8 and tell us the results.

Good day. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Archer D50 constant disconnect-Solution
2019-06-23 00:56:17 - last edited 2019-06-23 01:00:33

After i tried many solutions, the only thing that worked for me is to connect the router directly to the line without the splitter
and the phone and it has been working perfectly eversince.

No disconnection, No "configure dns manually" or any other trouble.
but i am not sure what was the problem? is it the splitter or the phone line?

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Archer D50 constant disconnect
2019-06-24 02:00:49

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback, glad to hear that it was resolved finally. 

The splitter wll interfere the synchronization of the DSL connection, which may cause the unstable connection. 

We usually suggest our customers to use the router without the splitter due to potential loss. 

Meanwhile, you can change another phone line  to do a test also. 

Good day. 

Options
2020-06-23 21:50:13 - last edited 2020-06-23 22:55:47

@Mario_nagi 

My model is Archer D50. I'm facing the same issue. I don't like the idea of not using a splitter though. I've always used a splitter. Also what if I want to use the phone line?!

Is there any other way to work around this?

Options
2020-06-23 23:22:57 - last edited 2020-06-23 23:25:29

@842Mono Hi Mate, 

It doesn't matter as the problem occurred again, it is related to the upload since it always happens when i try to upload something and it doesn't has a solution. It is a problem with the tplink products since i found similar topics withe v-series. And tplink doesnt try to solve it they just write a comment that they couldnt recreate the error from their part. My advise to you is to return the product if you could. 

As soon as my connection converts to vdsl i will buy A dlink router which is so reliable unlike tplink

-this is not an ad, it is from experience - 

Options
2020-06-24 18:35:40

@Mario_nagi 

Okay thanks for the feedback. I'm returning it.

You might want to unmark the accepted answer. I was about to try to connect the router without a splitter.

What did you do with your router? Did you return it? Also if you want, can you tell me what router do you currently have and whether it's working well?

Options
2020-06-24 23:07:59

@842Mono  Gald I could help. 

I am still using the same router, sadly by tge time i discovered the error, it was too late to return it. 

So i will till my connection converts to vdsl and will dlink router i suggest to look for a dlink 

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 2831

Replies: 9