Connection dropping - Ethernet. TL-PA8033P KIT V2

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-05-30 06:35:07
Model: TL-PA8030P KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have an issue with the following device :- TL-PA8033P KIT V2

From looking online, there is a known issue with some (all?) TP-Link powerline adapters which can cause them to drop connection under particular conditions.   I am getting messages when playing a game, Elite Dangerous, whereby the connection is dropped ('no internet connection') when the router remains online.  From what I have seen, this is a TTL issue and that the device is going to sleep most likely.  

The fix I have seen involves creating a batchfile, and have this ping the default gateway once a second to keep the connection active.   This is not a desirable solution for me.  Has this issue been addressed as part of a firmware upgrade, or are there any other solutions to this problem?   

If no solutions are available, I will be returning my devices as they are not fit for purpose. 

Thank you for any support. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Connection dropping - Ethernet. TL-PA8033P KIT V2
2019-06-01 06:07:41

Hi,

Sorry to hear that you have some difficulty with our device. We have not received such feedback yet, while we will do some troubleshooting and try to fix it. 

What is the light status of the powerline adapter when the connection drops out? And how do you make it back to work after that? Like reboot or so?

Please check the IP address and default gateway with your device connected to the powerline adapter.

Note: Here is the instruction: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/838/

At the same time, can you get internet from the main router by wired cable? 

Besides, you can refer to the instruction below  to narrow down the root cause. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2230/

Please tell me the current hardware and firmware version?

Any updates, please let us know.

Have a nice day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1209

Replies: 1