Clients not showing up on status

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Clients not showing up on status

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
23 Reply
Re:Clients not showing up on status
2020-05-01 10:37:45

@jerm Seems its and old bug.  https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/170804?page=3

Try setting the DHCP Server "on" or "Auto" and wait 5 minutes.

I can see the clients now and my Archer C6 is showing  a "connected to internet" status. It is able to check for firmware updates now.

Options
2021-01-06 18:15:00

Exactly the same here. RE605AX recently upgraded from RE200 was no issues but after connecting new RE605AX issue star3

jerm wrote

@fadden I'm having this same issue and it's really frustrating.

I clearly have tons of clients connected. (30+)

In the tether app I don't see any clients and when logged into the router locally the Device List in Advanced... QOS is empty.

And even though I can access the internet on ALL connected clients, my router claims that it cannot access the internet.

This used to work as of 3 months ago or so. Not sure what would have happened.

Everything is going fine.. but no clients shown (wired/wireless) and the internet connected, 

Options
2021-01-07 03:13:03

@Baptist 

If you are using the RE605 range extender, please post the issue on the below sub-forum and check if anyone had reported the similar issue as you:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/77

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-01-28 05:23:37

@Kevin_Z I am using AX5400 Wi-Fi 6 Router and encounter the same problem. I cannot see any connected client on the Tether app and can only find all connected devices under DCHP. I cannot add any device in the access control nor the IP& MAC Binding. If your company is not going to fix this. Just let me refund the routers... this is really annoying....

Options
2021-01-28 06:00:01

@Joe18 

Thank you for posting on the TP-Link Community.

Is the model number Archer AX73? Please verify this on the router sticker.

What is the OS version of the phone, and what is the Tether app version on it? 

Do you mean you can configure the access control and the IP & MAC Binding via Tether app? Can I have the screenshot of it?

What if you login to its web interface, will the connected devices show up on the Clients correctly? Please ensure the router firmware is up-to-date, and tell us the version number.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-01-28 13:36:23

@Kevin_Z Yes, Archer AX73. IPhone version is 13.1.3. Tether version is 3.4.24(build 28). I used web interface to configure access control and IP&MAC binding. The tether cannot see any connected devices at all. Even in web interface, not all connected devices show correctly. Some of them were missing even they were streaming video. Router firmware is up-to-dated. This is a very bad experience that I spent more than USD 350 and get a set of devices which are full of bugs.....

File:
6EC6F224-214D-41FE-B185-7CC6AFAEC2D6.pngDownload
Options
2021-01-29 03:44:37

@Joe18 

Thank you very much for getting back with the detailed info.

May I know the network layout/diagram? Is it as simple as ISP modem---AX73---client devices (Wireless and LAN)? Are there any other extenders or switch in the network?

As I can confirm from the web interface you provided, it seems that there is a mesh device in the network, what is it? Is it a range extender? If some devices are connected to the range extender, they may not show up on the Clients list. Are 10 clients connected to the AX73 directly?

Can I have a screenshot of the Tether app that display no clients?

Options
2021-01-29 05:19:44

@Kevin_Z yes. Most of the devices connect directly with AX73 although a few of them connect through the mesh device. No extender no switch. 
the mesh device is TL-WPA8631P KIT.

File:
E9FC822D-707A-4CC7-BBB6-5273E4835611.pngDownload
Options
2021-01-29 05:48:51

@Joe18 

Thank you very much for getting back with the required info.

Can you please also confirm if the firmware of the TL-WPA8631P KIT is the latest, you may update it if it is not:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/tl-wpa8631p-kit/#Firmware

As per the web interface you attached previously, it seems that the WPA8631P KIT join the Onemesh network of the AX73, can you please confirm this? 

If possible, we hope you could help verify what are the specific device that cannot show up on the clients list, and where do they connect to.

To locate this issue and try to fix it based on all the details then, we would like to follow up on your case via email. Please check your inbox, thanks.

Options
2021-01-29 06:58:45

@Kevin_Z 

I tried to upgrade the firmware of the WPA8631P KIT but the link you sent me, all your user manual and website point to a place which i cannot download any file at all. why can't you have auto upgrade on this device as well? you are wasting user time.... I have attached a pic for you to have a look.

Yes. the WPA8631P KIT join the Onemesh network of the AX73,

i have 5 iphone, 1 andorid phone, 1 ipad, 1 TV (LAN), 1 TV-box (LAN), 3 webcam (wifi) and 1 PC that cannot show up on the  tether app clients list, Even in the web interface, not all the devices can show up properly. i can only see all the devices in the DHCP web interface. 

File:
Screenshot 2021-01-29 145814.jpgDownload
Options
Related Articles