Powerline, same socket pc performs badly, laptop perfect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-06-14 20:16:55
Model: TL-PA8030P KIT  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

I have a set of av600 tl-pa4010p's. That I'm upgrading, they perform well but can't hit the maximum speed of my Internet upstairs. 

So I've swapped for an AV2 standard, tl-pa8030p kit Av1300. 

In the exact same locations as the old ones, the upstairs tp-link gets downloads of 0.04, and uploads of 18. I use the exact same setup, all I do it swap the ethernet to a laptop and I get 75down 18 up. 

I've tried basically everything, updated the firmware on the pc lan port, reset them, turned everything on and off. Nothing seems to work, I try it in multiple rooms with the laptop and it works fine, it just only seems to be on the computer. 

The av600 set worked fine in the same locations, to the pc. I will be getting an rj45 adapter and testing that as well as a last resort. 

Any help would be great. Thanks 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Powerline, same socket pc performs badly, laptop perfect
2019-06-17 11:48:07

Hi,

What is the light status of the 8010P? Do you use all the adapters together or  use the 8010P to replace the 4010p?

What is the speed you can get from the 8010P? And the speed from the 4010P in the same location?

What is the wired link speed? Instruction as below: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2265/

Besides, please check the powerline link rate between the adapters via the tpPLC utility.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/tl-pa8010p-kit/#Utility

What is the hardware and firmware as well?

Good day. 

Options
Re:Re:Powerline, same socket pc performs badly, laptop perfect
2019-06-18 01:17:05 - last edited 2019-06-18 01:18:39

I managed to fix this by getting a usb ethernet adapter. I'm still not sure what was causing it, it must be PC side of things, but my motherboard isn't even a year old as its a Z390. Drivers updated etc.

Anyway to answer, I was just using the 8010's

Speed with 4010, 60down 18 up.

Speed with 8010, same sockets as before. About 2 down 18 up, Speed with them using a laptop 75 down 18 up.

And a hard wire to the router gets me about 76 down to 18 up, so I'm happy with the results now that it's sorted. Just completely baffled as to what was causing it in the first place, must be something with AV2 that my computer didn't like, as I had the exact same issue with the 9020 as well. No ammount of resetting or repairing or driver updating seemed to do anything, except for momentary initial speeds around 40 ish, before it quickly dropped to single digits within seconds.

Also I went through support however we couldnt come to a solid conclusion, so an ethernet adapter was the last ditch effort. Surpsingly it worked, just don't really understand why they wouldn't play ball together.

Thanks

Options
Re:Re:Re:Powerline, same socket pc performs badly, laptop perfect
2019-06-18 08:20:04

Hi,

Thanks for your valued reply, glad to hear that it works; we have noted that.

Anyway, it would be great that it is working fine now; you can take some time to test the performance.

Any updates, just let us know.

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 494

Replies: 3