Wiring my extender to my Router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-06-23 14:56:09
Model: TL-WA850RE  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I have a 3 level house that uses RING Doorbell 2 amongst other devices. My house is also wired for data connectivity whilst a cable runs from each floor to a communication room on the ground floor. 

I got a router from my ISP and communication with my Ring Doorbell was always very weak. So I purchased 2 units of WA850RE to extend my network.

I had forgotten about the wiring before purchasing the  2 units of WA850RE. I had placed these 2 repeaters on the ground floor and first floor while the router was placed on the 2nd (topmost) floor.

The connection was still very weak with my Doorbell. I have now been informed of the wiring in my house and now want to put it to good use. To this end, the router has been moved to the ground floor in the communications room. 

Can my Extenders be connected to the router through the cables on each floor or is the lone Ethernet port on the extender not to be connected to the router?

Thank you in advance.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Wiring my extender to my Router
2019-06-24 09:08:34

Hi,

For your information, if the TL-WA850RE supports access point mode, you can connect it to the main router by etheret cable to extend the wifi range.

The instruction as below: 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1401/

May it help and have a nice day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 432

Replies: 1

Related Articles