My extender stopped working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-23 22:15:38 - last edited 2020-12-29 08:05:07
Model: RE450  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I have been using AC1750 model RE450 range extender perfectly until I went for a holiday and when I was back it wasn't working anymore. 
I tried to reset it and repeat all the necessary steps with both via computer and router app, nothing work. The only light which is on is the power light and it cannot connect to the modem. I also brought it next to the source, didn't change anything. I don't want to buy a new one, do you have an idea what might be the problem and how can I solve it?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:My extender stopped working-Solution
2021-10-18 07:44:07 - last edited 2021-10-18 07:44:13

Hello@KTaylor 

If range extender only has one Power Led , please try to factory reset extender and install it from scratch: 
RESET: With the extender powered on, use a pin to press the RESET button until most Leds flash once. 
Later  follow the instrucions here to set up range extender :
(How to configure Range Extender via Tether APP)https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/357/
(How to configure my range extender via web GUI to extend an existing wireless network's coverage)https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1400/

If the above does not help: 

• May I know does range extender response to a factory reset * please let us know how did you do the reset and the LED status during a reset
  • Could other network device see the SSID/ WiFi symbol from range extender

Recommended Solution
Options
9 Reply
Re:My extender stopped working
2020-02-11 10:02:07 - last edited 2021-10-18 07:44:20

@Sollen 

Hello, try to reboot it or change another socket to plug it first.

Then please hole the reset hole for 1s with the RE450 powered on and verify whether you can detect the default wifi network name.

And you can connect your computer to the RE450 and try to access the web UI.

Besides, when did you buy this RE450?

Options
2020-12-27 16:19:09

@Sollen I have same problem ? The power LED light blinking only

Options
2020-12-29 08:07:28

@sangeeth 

Good day,

Could you please help me check the following information:

1. Did you also have RE450 and was it the first time to set it up?

2. Have you tried set it up via Tether APP, such as:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/1373/

By the way, what is the model number of your home router?

Thanks a lot and wait for your reply.

Options
2020-12-29 16:31:44

yes same model i have too

Options
2021-02-09 22:08:56

@Sollen Same issue, only power light on! Rebooting did not work.

Options
2021-10-01 13:00:01

@vickyinepa same problem. I have 2 tp-link wifi extenders, model RE200 in different parts of the house. Both only showng power light. Have tried resetting but didn't work. Really need these to work so I can work from home effectively.

Options
Re:My extender stopped working-Solution
2021-10-18 07:44:07 - last edited 2021-10-18 07:44:13

Hello@KTaylor 

If range extender only has one Power Led , please try to factory reset extender and install it from scratch: 
RESET: With the extender powered on, use a pin to press the RESET button until most Leds flash once. 
Later  follow the instrucions here to set up range extender :
(How to configure Range Extender via Tether APP)https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/357/
(How to configure my range extender via web GUI to extend an existing wireless network's coverage)https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1400/

If the above does not help: 

• May I know does range extender response to a factory reset * please let us know how did you do the reset and the LED status during a reset
  • Could other network device see the SSID/ WiFi symbol from range extender

Recommended Solution
Options
2022-03-15 00:43:08

@Solla-topee 

So nobody had an answer to this? Do I just throw it in the bin? Have tried everything above. 

Options
2022-03-15 03:36:21

Hello  @Thomasoc2012 

It is recommended to create a new thread here and we will try to look into that further, 

May I know the model of RE and how about the Leds after setup?If LEDs are Off, that is usually because incorrect wifi password was given to RE, please verify the wifi password by forgetting router Wi-Fi network on mobile device  temporarily , connect back to router Wi-Fi by putting in password manually to examine WiFi password.

Here is a troubleshooting guide with detailed instructions: 

Has connected to TP-Link extender but no internet, what can I do?

Options

Information

Helpful: 8

Views: 22052

Replies: 9

Related Articles