Unable to route between 2nd and 3rd TL-PA711

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-07-03 12:19:22

Hi

Recently bought two sets of the TL-PA711 KIT to set up points in new house, one for internet connection (#a) and then 3 for other rooms in the house (#b, #c, #d).

I've set up the powerline adapters in #b and #c. Full green lights, internet connection available to both as expected.

It is possible to ping the devices in #b and #c from room #a, but the devices in #b and #c can't ping each other.

The TP Link PLC utility tells me I'm getting between 150-300Mbps from #a to both #b and to #c. However on the route between #b and #c there is just a question mark, suggesting to me they can't see each other for some reason.

I haven't yet been able set up room #d to see if I get a different result.

Do I need to do anything in particular to make these route appropriately? I would have expected them to route back to #a and then hop to the other powerline adapter.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Unable to route between 2nd and 3rd TL-PA711
2019-07-04 02:46:47

Hi,

The question mark means that the powerline link rate between #b and #c, the powerline environment between the 2 units may affect the performance. 

You can change another socket to plug them; or you can exchange their location among the 3 devices, if still the same, it is more related to the atcual powerline environment and interference. 

Good day. 

Options
Re:Re:Unable to route between 2nd and 3rd TL-PA711
2019-07-06 16:20:32
Took quite a bit of experimentation but I've got there eventually. Seems that the double gang which the unit was plugged into first socket performs poorly if a second item is plugged in to the neighbouring socket. Sadly it seems houses with older wiring and sockets which are a little worn these units become very picky, so I'll be running ethernet in due course.
Options
Re:Re:Re:Unable to route between 2nd and 3rd TL-PA711
2019-07-08 06:52:43

@RagnarK 

Thanks for your time to do the test and thanks for your reply. It helps a lot. And we have noted that. 

You can use the ethernet connection to give it a go later. 

Any further problem, just let us know. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 425

Replies: 3