HS100 cannot be turned off

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-07-10 18:40:14
Model: HS100  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: latest

hi there

HS100 V2 is always turned on and cannot turned off - this is manually not possible and also not via Wlan.

I think it has something to do with the built-in relay.

Please tell me what i can do.

thks.

Options
9 Reply
Re:HS100 cannot be turned off
2019-07-12 09:06:57

@Ewinzi 

So the HS100 itself cannot be turned off via the power button or the kasa app? 

Have you tried to change another socket to give it a go?

Meanwhile, please unplug the electrial appliance and check whether you can turn it off manually; whether you can hear the click sound as well.

You can hard reset it by holding the settings button for 10s to give it a shot. 

When and where did you buy this plug? 

Options
2019-07-14 16:16:29

@ Kevin_Z
thks for your reply

Yes, I've tried a hard reset and even tried a different socket but the problem persists.
When I switch the plug off in the app the toggle switch turns to off but the plug stays on, it doesn't change at all.
But i can hear the click sound.
I bought this plug via Amazon.

Regards
Ewinzi

Options
Re:Re:HS100 cannot be turned off
2019-07-15 06:20:38

@Ewinzi 

Thanks for your reply. If still the same, I'm afraid that there may have something wrong.

You can contact our tech support with the thread link attached to check the warranty service. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/contact-technical-support/#E-mail-Support

Options
2019-08-11 10:15:43

I have the same problem. It started happenning after a brownout, which made it lose and regain power quickly ... it's now dead, doesn't switch off (though it does click when powering on/off, so the relay seems to be working). It seems it's very sensitive to brownouts.

What's the warranty on this item?

Options
2019-08-12 01:40:37

@johnrt 

Try to change another socket to plug it and check whether it can be turned off; try to use the physical power button to give it a go; 

Meanwhile, you can hard reset it by holding the settings button for 10s and verify whether it works.

Still the same, please contact our tech support to get the warranty policy and confirm whether the replacement is qualified. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/contact-technical-support/#E-mail-Support 

Best regards. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:HS100 cannot be turned off
2019-08-12 01:47:30

Already did all that. It's dead. It's the second HS110 that does this, so it seems more of a design flaw than a dud. I only posted to warn others that this smartplug is sensitive to brownouts.

Options
2019-08-14 12:04:31

Hi there!

I have the same problem.

The socket does not switch off. If the socket is switched on and I press the button on the socket, the light goes out at the socket, and I also hear the relay click, but the socket continues to supply power. When I control the plug from the Google Home or Kasa App, the same thing happens. The LED in the socket goes off and you can hear the relay switching, but the socket doesn't turn off the power. I've reset the socket several times and set it up again, which didn't help.

Options
2019-08-15 08:38:17
Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:HS100 cannot be turned off
2019-08-15 08:40:00

@johnrt 

Thanks for your reply, cause it is the replacement already but still has the same issue, would you please provide us some information to do further troubleshooting? 

1. The model number of the appliance plugged into the HS100 and its power consumption.

2. The Mac address of the smart plug and your TP-Link ID; due to the security and privacy, you can tell us privately via message. 

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1694

Replies: 9