Internet dropout when I plug in my Powerline kit

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-07-16 09:04:24

I have a SKY Q box, my phone and internet are all supplied by sky, prior to this it was BT and I had a powerline kit already in use andit all worked fine, I have just had some work done to my shed and have installed wiring and lighting to it, and wanting to get a wifi connetion to it I have bought another powerling kit (TP-LINK TP-WPA7510 KIT) the setup was troublesome but finally managed to get everything to talking to each other, however afterwards my internet connection drops out constantly, I literally mean every few minutes, at first I thought it was something I had done, but when I unplug the kit the connection comes back and remains stable, plut it back in and it all goes wrong again, my router/phoneline is plugged directly into a phone socket and the mainplug is in a wall socket, I can only assume that the new powerling kit is causing interference with the broadband connection causing it to drop out,any ideas on solving this frustrating situation....Thanks in advance

Options
2 Reply
Re:Internet dropout when I plug in my Powerline kit
2019-07-17 06:21:05

@Furian 

Do you have any other powerline adapters except the TL-WPA7510KIT? What are their models? 

What is the network network topology/diagram? How do you connect these devices together? 

What is the led status of the powerline adapters when the connection dropped out? At that time, can you get internet from the main router directly? 

Have you tried to move them into the same room and test the stability?

Click here to enable Lower PLC-to-VDSL interference Mode via tpPLC utility. 

Meanwhile, please ensure that the firmware is up to date. 

Options
Re:Re:Internet dropout when I plug in my Powerline kit
2019-07-17 08:26:14

Hi

I did have another tp-link powerline kit...I checked it last night and that one wasnt connected(av-500)..so tried connecting that again..same situation...took a while to pair as per instructions and the interference came back almost immediately.

The lights were all stable on the adaptor/extender...

Main adapter is hard wited directly in to the back of the router.

I will try lowering the interference as you have suggested and let you

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1874

Replies: 2