Archer C6 2.4G band stops working, disable then enable restores

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C6 2.4G band stops working, disable then enable restores

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
580 Reply
Re:Archer C6 2.4G band stops working, disable then enable restores
2020-10-31 10:51:59

@Sarcaustic Thanks! Setting 2.5GHz Band it to Channel 1 resolved a bit of the issue, but the issue still occurs occasionally. Over last 12 hours it happened twice after being stable for over a week. I have now disabled WPS and will see how it works now.

Options
2020-11-02 03:07:20

@Rafayel 

Hello, thanks for the detailed network layout.

Is the C6 2.4GHz signal not good enough then you add two more extender and APs in the network? Have you ever tried to remove them and see if the C6 2.4GHz is stable?

BTW, are the WA855RE and the WR840N are in the network since you begin to use the C6 or you add them recently?

Options
2020-11-02 11:01:14

@Kevin_Z 

Kevin_Z wrote

@Rafayel 

Hello, thanks for the detailed network layout.

Is the C6 2.4GHz signal not good enough then you add two more extender and APs in the network? Have you ever tried to remove them and see if the C6 2.4GHz is stable?

BTW, are the WA855RE and the WR840N are in the network since you begin to use the C6 or you add them recently?

Hi Kevin,

Thanks. Yes signal isn't good enough that's why extenders are used, each of them is serving a separate floor in my house. They're in the network from the beginning and were connected to Calix WiFi directly more than a year already; C6 is added week ago becasue Calix embedded WiFi has some bugs and I decided to have new main WiFi host.

If I will remove extenders then number of connected devices will reduce drastically and as I said - C6 seems performs well with low number of devices, so it will not help with troubleshooting. It is hard to reprogram all end devices to work with C6 SSID, each is connected to it's own AP SSID.

/Rafayel

Options
2020-11-03 10:21:41

@Rafayel 

Hello,

This issue may need to escalate to our engineers, and they will email you, if you are willing to do further analysis, please check your inbox and respond.     

Thanks for your cooperation and support. Good day.

Options
2020-11-03 11:19:58

@Kevin_Z 

Kevin_Z wrote

@Rafayel 

Hello,

This issue may need to escalate to our engineers, and they will email you, if you are willing to do further analysis, please check your inbox and respond.     

Thanks for your cooperation and support. Good day.

Thanks Kevin,

Contacted already.

Options
2020-11-03 13:53:50 - last edited 2020-11-03 13:55:13

@StuartP 

Hi, I have the same issue. Deactivated WPS and used the settings in another post for the 2.4 GHz but it stopped working after roughly 24 hours again.  
I dont want to hate and I know that fixing such an issue in the firmware is complicated but I simply cant afford to waste more time with a broken 2.4 GHz as my roommates phone and quite a few of smart home devices can only use 2.4 GHz (and it was my idea to buy a new router, roommates arent happy lol). 
My question for the community is which router would be a good replacement as I will return my unit. Gigabit Lan and fast wifi is a must. I am quite happy with the WebUI of tplink tho but maybe there is a good netgear replacement for the Archer C6?

edit. also VPN Server functionality is also important, easy to setup would be a bonus

Options
2020-11-03 14:01:20 - last edited 2020-11-03 14:02:54

I went to ASUS AC87U and now to AC86U - more expensive but both with no issues for me. I stil have two TP-Link switches and two TP-Link IP cameras which work very good.

Options
2020-11-04 01:57:02

@cwo 

Hello, sorry to hear that you are encountering the 2.4GHz dropout issue with the Archer C6.

Just quick question, have you tried to modify some basic settings on the C6, such as wireless channel, channel width, security, etc.? You may give that a try and see if anything would help: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2292/

While if you have already tried all modifications and you still hope to resolve the issue with us, we can escalate your case to our seniors, and they will try to help you out. Before that, please provide some basic info:

1. How many devices are connected to the C6, wired and wirelessly (2.4GHz or 5GHz)? Did they still connect to the 2.4GHz wireless network and get a valid IP address from the C6 when they lose the internet? Can you do a ping test and show us the result when there is no internet? Below is the guide:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/425/
2. How about the internet LED on the C6, is it always solid green?
3. How about the 5GHz connection, is it still working fine when the 2.4GHz disconnected from the internet?

Options
2020-11-09 12:49:57

@Kevin_Z 

Weeks and months passed... is a new firmware (fixing the problem) on its way?

I now see a lot of people sharing info. Me myself shared a lot info with the TP-Link support via e-mails as well.

Is there an estimated time and then when that long-wait FW will finally be released?

Options
2020-11-09 21:48:32

@Joro_B 

In my opinion (as everything seems to show that it maybe a hardware problem) never.

Options
Related Articles