MacOS issue when using WPA/WPA2 with TL-WPA4220KIT 2-Port Powerline Adapter
I'm having some issues connecting my Macbook to this extender, my phone is connecting regardless of the extender settings so it is a Macbook specific connection issue, however, the device is advertised as MacOS compatible.
On the Macbook side I have updated the Macbook's DCHP Lease, and tried switching between dynamic and static IP's for all of the below tests.
On the extender settings I have whitelisted the MAC addresses of Macbook and my phones to ensure that wasn't the issue. I also had the same SSID as the original router but that made it more difficult to debug so I switched it back to a different one.
Tests I have tried (see attached screenshot):
- Connecting with no security = working
- Connecting with WEP security = working
- Connecting with WPA/WPA2, WPA-PSK rotating every combination of extender setting = not working
- Connecting with WPA/WPA2, WPA2-PSK rotating every combination of extender setting = not working
Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a workaround as I don't really want to be using WEP? Or should I send this device back?
- TP-Link TL-WPA4220KIT 2-Port Powerline Adapter WiFi Starter Kit, V4, 4.0.2 Build 20180308 Rel.37064
- Macbook Pro, macOS High Sierra, 10.13.3
- Virgin Media Hub 3 (connects flawlessly with WPA2 security to the Macbook when not using the extender)