Nano router can connect, but no IP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-07-22 03:00:50 - last edited 2019-07-22 03:18:29
Model: TL-WR802N  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Using a nano router, which only has a status light, an ethernet port and a reset button. This was bought in 2013. We used it for a few years, then didn't need it. Just got it out and tried to use it.

The immediate problem is that I cannot get to the admin page on the LAN, let alone the internet.

The light turns on and my laptop can see a wifi router with the default name  "TP-LINK_COC590" and connect to it. However, I do not get an IP. Using an Android phone, I can choose it but it then says "Obtaining internet address" for a few minutes till it gives up. Connecting to my laptop by ethernet same result: No IP. I tried opening the web interface anyway, 192.168.1.253, per the label, also 192.168.1.0 and 192.168.1.1 but of course none could connect.

Pushed the reset and powered on and off several times, no change.

Any suggestions?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Nano router can connect, but no IP
2019-07-23 02:17:19

@AlanHK 

Try to setup a static IP for your computer, which in the same subnet as the default access of the router printed on the bottom label.

Click here to read the FAQ to setup static IP. 

After that, try to relogin to the web UI and you can change another web browser or device as well. 

Options
Re:Re:Nano router can connect, but no IP
2019-07-23 05:13:01 - last edited 2019-07-23 05:15:49

Yes! That worked.

Then I found that the router's interface was Chinese. Managed to stumble through it to set it up anyway.

But would like to get the English firmware. I can't find any links to get it myself, this model (TL-WR800N, not 802 as I was forced to choose above) is from 2013 and they appear to have scrubbed it from their site, so I requested that from customer support. Is there any kind of firmware (and manual) archive?

Options
Re:Re:Re:Nano router can connect, but no IP
2019-07-23 10:37:13

@AlanHK 

The TL-WR800N is sold in mainland of China, which we are not familiar with it, please contact the tech support team as below contact info to get some help: fae@tp-link.com.cn.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1152

Replies: 3

Related Articles