MR200 v2: Feature request for wireless information and openvpn

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-07-26 09:18:32 - last edited 2019-08-03 03:00:24
Model: Archer MR200  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.6.0 0.9.1 v004a.0 Build 181219

Hi TP-Link team.

Is it possible to add wireless information of the tower like for example SINR, RSSI and CELL ID etc. I just find it very helpful specially when aligning the modem or external antena. I'm not kidding here to be honest.

Second is that can you also add openvpn client next time in the next firmware release? it is advertise in the software feature here https://www.tp-link.com/en/home-networking/3g-4g-router/archer-mr200/#specifications BUT i don't see it in actual webui and i can only see IPcheck VPN which is kind of unfair to be honest specially i purchase this item for that reason too.

More power guys and i hope my request will be granted. hopefully.

Options
5 Reply
Re:Feature request for wireless information and openvpn
2019-07-29 09:24:58

@nikkijd 

The spec shows the related information of the latest hardware, which is V4; so Archer MR200 V4 supports Openvpn, while the MR200 V2 does not. It supports IPsec VPN only. 

Besides, for the wireless information, we have reminded our engineer and they will work on it and evaluate the feasibility. 

Options
Re:Re:Feature request for wireless information and openvpn
2019-07-29 09:53:35

I see so there is no chance for the v2 to release firmware to support Openvpn how unfortunate. But i am thankful that you have informed your engineers for the propose wireless information feature as i see it very important to have feature for a 4g modem/router. Looking forward Sir.

Thank you

Options
Re:Re:Re:Feature request for wireless information and openvpn
2019-07-30 06:08:50

@nikkijd 

You are welcome, glad to help you.

Any further problem, do not hesitate to contact us. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Feature request for wireless information and openvpn
2019-08-12 02:44:33

@Kevin_Z

Just wondering what is the status of this?

Thanks

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Feature request for wireless information and openvpn
2019-08-12 08:34:56

@nikkijd 

What do you mean status? 

For the new feature, the R&D team need evaluate the feasibility, whether it will be added has no answer yet.

You can keep an eye on our official website. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1949

Replies: 5