Guest Network with Archer MR200 AC750

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-11 15:23:14 - last edited 2019-08-12 03:36:45

Dear Friends,

I have an Archer MR200 AC750 Dual Band 4G LTE Router. When I created a guest network, can the guests use my Internet connection? Or how can I let them use my Internet?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Guest Network with Archer MR200 AC750
2019-08-12 03:38:55

@technocrat 

The Archer MR200 supports guest network, you can enable it under advanced-guest network page. 

You can customize the wireless settings, like create a password for it; therefore, to connect to the guest network to get internet, the clients need enter the wireless password you created for it. 

Nice day. 

Options
Re:Re:Guest Network with Archer MR200 AC750
2019-08-13 17:24:53
Kevin, thank you very much for the answer. From the answer, I understand that it is possible for the guests to use my Internet by completing only Advanced>Guest Network-Wireless Settings. There is another setting in the same page. Advanced>Guest Network-Settings section has mixed my mind. In this section there are three options: 1.Allow guests to access each other 2. Allow guests to enter my local network 3. Enable QoS for guest network. Especially the second option has mixed my mind. Could you comment on that? What is the difference between the connection for Internet usage and the second option. That’s why I started this thread. Sincerely,
Options
Re:Re:Re:Guest Network with Archer MR200 AC750
2019-08-14 02:03:49

@technocrat 

The local network mentioned on the 2nd option means the devices connect to the host wifi network or the LAN port; enable this option enabled, the devices connected to the guest network can access the local devices which connected to the host wireless network, otherwise, they cannot communicate with each other. 

But this option won't affect the internet usage of the guest network devices. With it enabled or not, the guest network still works well.

Besides, for the option 1, with it enabled, the devices connect to the guest network can access each other; for option 3, we can setup QoS for the guest network devices, to setup different priorities for them.

Wish I make myself clear. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 904

Replies: 3

Related Articles