AV600 WiFi Extender Problems with access to UPnP/DLNA on LAN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-14 10:19:15
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 4.0.2 Build 20180308 Rel.37064

RE an AV600 Powerline WiFi Extender (WPA4220) 

I have successfully connected and set-up the AV600 to the extent it will provide internet access over WiFi via the extender, itself connected through Powerline. However, I cannot seem to access my UPnP server which sits locally on my network. I can access it routinely via my main WiFi (served by an Asus router). Difficult to research this, but there do seem issues with UPnP over Powerline.

Any advice, experiences or thoughts most welcome. My plan had been to use this extender to provide internet radio and media services to my kitchen 'smart' radio (which sits in a WiFi dead-spot)…

Many thanks for any replies!

Options
2 Reply
Re:AV600 WiFi Extender Problems with access to UPnP/DLNA on LAN
2019-08-15 05:58:56

@JayEm 

What is the current network diagram? How do you connect  them together? 

With computer connected to the TL-WPA4220, can you ping the UPnP server in the local network?

Please show us a screenshot of the ping result. 

Good day. 

Options
Re:Re:AV600 WiFi Extender Problems with access to UPnP/DLNA on LAN
2019-08-17 09:35:51

@Kevin_Z, tx for the follow-up. I'll try and answer your question. My Synology NAS (which is serving the music) is connected through a TP-Link Powerline to an ethernet switch in another room. (This switch also connects via ethernet to my router…) I have simply added the TL-WPA4220 to the Powerline network, so now I have three nodes and it seems to my simple mind that the NAS is connected to the TL-WPA4220 via the Powerline with no recourse to the ethernet. The TL-WPA4220 then delivers the connection to my smart radio via WiFi (The smart radio has no ethernet connection but will pickup WiFi)

Yes I can ping the NAS from my iMac via the TL-WPA4220 WiFi network

Now… from the radio's perspective, I can connect to Internet Radio without a problem, but I am not seeing my UPnP server on my NAS. If I use my regular router-delivered WiFi the smart radio sees the NAS, but the signal is weak and unreliable at the 'kitchen location', hence the TL-WPA4220 solution. (My NAS and its served content is visible to other devices in the LAN, e.g. my smart TV in the lounge). My only thought at the moment is to reboot 'everything' and see if it then works… But I just wondered if anyone had experienced similar problems in the past with Powerline and UPnP. 

Thank's for your thoughts.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3807

Replies: 2