Smart Switch not working with fan/light combo

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-16 05:32:43 - last edited 2019-08-22 11:49:01
Model: AC500  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hey all - I have a fan/light that is currently being controlled by a single switch (light and fan speed controlled by pullchain).

Current wiring into the fan switch is a ground, a black wire, and a black/red wire tied together. I've wired the HS200 similarly (ground to ground, black to one line/load, black/red to the other line/load, and a neutral to white) and when i press the switch, the light flickers/fan moves slightly but doesn't have sustained power. 1 bhk flat for sale in kondhwa pune

I don't actually care about the light in the fan, but want to be able to just control the fan on/off. Done a bit of research on this but haven't gotten anywhere. apartments for sale in lower parel mumbai

Options
1 Reply
Re:Smart Switch not working with fan/light combo
2019-08-16 14:48:16
Most likely the wiring isn't correct or you have a loose connection. If the switch is rebooting (you'll see it's LED flashing after turning it on) it's almost certainly the wiring. It's possible but less likely that switch is defective, you might try testing it separately. If it's the wiring what you've said sounds correct but it's pretty difficult for anyone else to tell - you'll need to measure it. In a lot of cases folks find out the white they're using isn't a proper neutral which will cause the reboot problem.
AutomationManager: Secure home automation without relying on cloud servers.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3094

Replies: 1