Deco M5 - No internet on windows device

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-16 12:40:48
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.3.1

Hi there,

I have had the Deco M5 mesh system in my home for about 8 months now and love it, except... I have one laptop running Windows 10 which is able to connect to the network but not to the internet. The laptop is less than a year old and I have no issues with any other wifi network other than this one.

I had an IT guy take a look at it and he believes the issue is with the Deco system.

All of my other devices are able to access the internet as well as a desktop that I have which runs Windows 10 and uses a wifi card. 

The main Deco unit is running a router.

I found a post of a guy who has a similar sounding issue, but there was no resolution in the forum thread. He said he was able to connect using a guest network, which I tried and it works, but this is less than ideal. https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/112219

Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Options
9 Reply
Re:Deco M5 - No internet on windows device
2019-08-19 03:28:08

@Jonow6 

Try to setup QoS as standard and remove all the high priority rules. 

In the meantime, try to forget the network on your Windows 10 laptop, and disable fast roaming.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/918/

Still the same, try to disable 5GHz and enable 2.4GHz only to give it a shot. 

May it help and have a nice day. 

Options
2019-11-23 03:29:53

@ Jonow6 Hello! I was able to solve the problem with windows 10. In the Advanced Menu, there is an option that says Operation Mode. Just change from Router Mode to Access Point. With this, all my windows 10 devices connected wihtout problem. I hope it helps you.

Options
2020-02-28 17:39:31

@Jonow6 Hi - I had the same issue with my laptop and used the method you suggested and its worked. Only issue is that none of the parental controls work now - did you find a way of fixing this without using the access point? Ive also had to go onto all Alexas and re add the network. It is working but at a cost :(

Options
2020-03-16 21:52:09

@Jonow6 hi, how did you get to this setting? 

Options
2020-03-17 02:58:06

@jchou 

Open Deco app, go to more-advanced-operation mode, there you can see the options to choose router mode or access point mode. 

You can refer to this faq to get the differences between router mode and AP mode. 

Besides, have you ever tried the troubleshooting methods mentioned on my first reply? 

Options
2020-03-17 06:53:21

@Kevin_Z changing to access point is good in that everything now works but the parental controls aren't there anymore. Any other options to fix it peeps?

Options
2020-04-28 14:31:25

@Kevin_Z 

Hello, I have the same problem with one Alexa and Smart Tv. I have tried all settings on/off still the two not working for a while but they did or do woth other WIFI router!

I don't want to use it in AP mode!

Support team, please help!?

Options
2021-08-19 05:39:29

@Kevin_Z 

Hi,

I have Deco M5 mesh router. I am able to use my phone, ipad withe the deco network but my laptop is not working. Please advise.

As per your solution I checked deco app with advanced options but cant find that option.

Options
2022-01-18 20:15:55

@Gussainz Tried it on my Windows 10 laptop and that did the trick: all good now. Before Wi-Fi was regularly dropping or not connecting at all.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 9058

Replies: 9

Related Articles