AV2 homeplug - red powerline LED for unit wired to router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-16 18:41:51 - last edited 2019-08-16 18:49:03
Model: TL-WPA7510 KIT  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

I've been running homeplug AV for years, with a combination of 500Mbps & 600Mbps adapters. Thought I'd take the plunge and upgrade to AV2 1000, so picked up this kit. On plugging the TL-PA7010 into the wall socket and the router though its showing a red light for the powerline LED. The info I have found suggests its a poor connection, but this is the homeplug connected directly to the router, so how can that be? The wireless unit pluged in elsewhere also shows a red LED. Is there something up with the power cables in my home?

Options
6 Reply
Re:AV2 homeplug - red powerline LED for unit wired to router
2019-08-17 09:15:02

Utility is reporting acceptable speeds between units, so despite the red LED I think it's working OK:

Options
Re:Re:AV2 homeplug - red powerline LED for unit wired to router
2019-08-20 06:37:30

@JeremyB7 

Thanks for your updates.

It is the display mechanism because there is a junior powerline adapter added into the powerline network. 

Per you said, it won't affect the performance, so you can be assured about it. 

Best regards. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:AV2 homeplug - red powerline LED for unit wired to router
2019-08-20 07:48:53 - last edited 2019-08-20 07:49:41

Thanks, the unit attached to the router has actually changed to a yellow/green LED - but other new 1000Mbps units elsewhere on the network are still showing red.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:AV2 homeplug - red powerline LED for unit wired to router
2019-08-21 00:48:02

@JeremyB7 

Thanks for your reply. To further locate the issue, you ca unplug the AV500/AV600 units and plug the advanced powerline adapters (AV1000) into the electricity only, after that, please verify whether the powerline led still shows red. 

Still the same, try to reset them first and repair the AV1000 units only. 

Besides, does the remaining red powerline led affect the actual performance of the powerline adapters? Like the speed and stability.

Best regards. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:AV2 homeplug - red powerline LED for unit wired to router
2019-08-21 08:36:15

I haven't noticed any speed issues yet, but its early days. The red LEDs just make me suspect something's up - does a red LED signify that comms with the router is slow, or comms with ANY of the other adapters on the network is slow? And how slow is slow? The software utility shows red arrows for <50Mbps.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:AV2 homeplug - red powerline LED for unit wired to router
2019-08-22 07:41:45

@JeremyB7 

Hello, the tpPLC speed is not the actual speed you can get from the powerline adapters. 

Per we discussed before, the red led light may caused by the junior adapters.

You can connect your computer to the powerline adapter directly to test the speed you can get. 

Best regards. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2685

Replies: 6