PEAP Authentication Support for WISP Mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-18 15:53:59 - last edited 2019-08-18 15:55:29
Model: TL-MR3020  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: TL-MR3020(EU)_V3.20_171206

I recently want to connect network, with this router as wisp mode, but the problem the network provider only used PEAP Authentication which is required Username & Password to login, but I try to find on network settings in this modem it wasn't on there, it's just provide options for "no Security, wpa2 psk, and wep", any suggestions for this issue ?

Options
6 Reply
Re:PEAP Authentication Support for WISP Mode
2019-08-20 07:22:52

@Bagusa4 

So the existing network uses some kind of portal authentication. While there is no such option available for the TL-MR3020. Below is the instruction to set it up as the WISP mode.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/679/

While if you have bought it, you can try to configure it as no security and verify whether the login page pops up after you connect to the TP-Link network and whether you are able to enter the username and password to get internet.

Best regards. 

Options
Re:Re:PEAP Authentication Support for WISP Mode
2019-08-21 11:05:06

@Kevin_Z thank you for your reply, i already try connect to the network that have that Authentication method but it doesn't show the popup dialog to fill the username and password, because if I try connect with mobile devices like android, its show the options to fill username and password instead wpa2psk password,

Can this router will implement PEAP authentication in the next update ?, 

Options
Re:Re:Re:PEAP Authentication Support for WISP Mode
2019-08-22 07:58:31

@Bagusa4 

Thanks for your reply. 

For the PEAP authentication feature, it is hard to guarantee, but as my knowledge, cause the portal authentication varies depending on locations and manufacturers, I'm afraid that it might not be added. 

Anyway, you can keep an eye on official website. 

Any updates will be posted there. 

Good day. 

Options
2019-10-31 12:35:58 - last edited 2019-10-31 12:37:22

@Kevin_Z I mean, my provided internet, using some kind of "Protected EAP" authentication, when any client want connect to this provider it should input 2 field, username and password, not on the web Portal but directly on WiFi setting.

Example on Android

I hope this router can provide that Protected EAP protocol

Options
2019-11-01 06:35:39

@Bagusa4 

Okay, have noted this request. 

If need more help, just let us know. 

Options
2020-06-28 14:51:22

@Kevin_Z     Since nowadays most hotspots are based on this PEAP protocol, this would be a high valuable benefit for this TP-link router.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3639

Replies: 6