Support for IPv6 Firewall and UPnP/PCP for most TP-Link firmwares

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Support for IPv6 Firewall and UPnP/PCP for most TP-Link firmwares

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
15 Reply
Re:Support for IPv6 Firewall and UPnP/PCP for most TP-Link firmwares
2021-03-30 10:57:34

@FFREDY 

The developers should consider it.

Options
2021-09-29 09:25:00 - last edited 2021-09-30 14:15:21

Hallo zusammen,

ich habe das selbe Problem bei einem Archer VR600v. Die IPV6 Firewall Regeln sind unbrauchbar, bzw. müssen alle 24h neu konfiguriert werden, da sich bei jeder einwahl der Prefix ändert.

Gibt es neue Informationen wann ein Firmware update zu erwarten ist, bei dem der Prefix in den IPV6 Firewallregeln dynamisch anhand des vom Provider vergebenen Prefix angepasst wird?

Sehr schön wäre es auch wenn die Firmware den UPNP Service WANIPv6FirewallControl (http://upnp.org/specs/gw/UPnP-gw-WANIPv6FirewallControl-v1-Service.pdf) unterstützen würde.

Die IPV6 Firewall komplett zu deaktivieren ist meiner Meinung nach kein sinnvoller workaround da diese ja durchaus ihre berechtigung besitzt.

Hello,

i have the same problem with an Archer VR600v V2. The IPv6 firewall rules are completly useless as they have to be reconfigured every 24h because i get a new prefix from my provider. 

Are there any information on when or if there will be a new firmeware available that will handle the prefix dynamic according to the prefix given by the isp?

Also it would help if the new firmware would support the UPnP service WANIPv6FirewallControl (http://upnp.org/specs/gw/UPnP-gw-WANIPv6FirewallControl-v1-Service.pdf). 

Options
2022-02-12 15:31:35
Sadly the solution is to buy a router from the competitors next time. There are many right now with a decent ipv6 firewall configuration.
Options
2022-02-15 08:53:14

LeandroBecker wrote

Sadly the solution is to buy a router from the competitors next time. There are many right now with a decent ipv6 firewall configuration.

Hello @LeandroBecker, thank you very much for bring this up again. 

Actually, we do have Archer AX10 supports IPv6 Firewall feature now, you may check the Release Note on the firmware download page as follows:

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/archer-ax10/v1/#Firmware

I believe others models will gradually support the IPv6 Firewall in the future, you may keep an eye on the router web GUI or the Tether app for any newer firmware release.

Options
2022-05-19 22:14:42

@Kevin_Z Is there any news on this? I'm having the same issue with my Archer C5.

Options
Related Articles