Lose WiFi When Amazon Firestick is on

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-19 19:42:45

Hello,

I have set up a Powerline Adapter (TP-Link TL-WPA9610KIT Dual Band Gigabit AC1200) out in my garden workshop. It works absolutely fine. That is until someone turns on our Amazon Firestick which is in the house right next to our router. We then get a Connected, no internet response from the powerline adapter in the shed.

I speedtested our wifi at the time and we were getting 100mb download, which I would have thought would have been enough.

Any ideas/help would be great appreciated.

Many thanks,

James

Options
4 Reply
Re:Lose WiFi When Amazon Firestick is on
2019-08-20 03:51:39

@JamesDale 

Thanks for your clarify, we will do some troubleshooting first and try to fix it.

1. What is the current network diagram?

2. What is the led status of the TL-WPA9610KIT when the powerline adpater stops working? Especially the powerline led( looks like a house)

3. With Amazon firestick powered off, does the TL-WPA9610KIT work well?

4. Try to change another sockets/location to plug it and ensure that the firmware is up to date. 

Best regards. 

Options
Re:Re:Lose WiFi When Amazon Firestick is on
2019-08-20 09:47:05

Thank you for coming back to me. I think I've managed to fix the problem by simply changing the TP Link to another socket. It's odd because they are definitely all on the same phase of power and it did work in the original socket, but now it seems to work all the time even when I turn on my firestick. It's a mystery, but I'm happy with the outcome.

I thought I'd answer your questions anyway, just incase they are of some use:

1. What is the current network diagram? - I have no idea what this means!

2. What is the led status of the TL-WPA9610KIT when the powerline adpater stops working? Especially the powerline led( looks like a house) - The LED house light turns off.

3. With Amazon firestick powered off, does the TL-WPA9610KIT work well? - Yes, perfectly.

4. Try to change another sockets/location to plug it and ensure that the firmware is up to date. - Firmware was up to date. Changed location of TP Link to another socket in the shed and it works perfectly now.

Thanks again for helping out with this.

All the best,

James

Options
Re:Re:Re:Lose WiFi When Amazon Firestick is on
2019-08-23 08:27:47

@JamesDale 

Thanks for your kindly reply, and it is glad to hear that it works well now, congrats. 

The powerline environment is invisible, so does the changes happened; from your description, it seems that there are some changes happened, once you changed another socket, they can communicate with each other well and consitantly.

You can enjoy the internet with the TP-Link powerline adapters. 

Any further problem, please let us know. 

Good day. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Lose WiFi When Amazon Firestick is on
2020-10-02 18:16:28
We appear to be having a similar issue.we have a holiday cottage with a tplink power line adapter providing internet access from our router in the main house. We have had complaints recently about loss of internet and the common factor appears to be Amazon firesticks. Have there been any other instances of this?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2204

Replies: 4