Powerline TL-WPA7510 Kit - Cannot pair properly - please help

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-23 19:55:43
Model: TL-WPA7510 KIT  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi,

Just bought the above product and having followed the simple instructions fully, I still cannot get the 'powerline' LED to remain lit on both units.

The steps I take are as follows:

1. Plug both units into a wall outlet in the same room (same double socket). Also tried separate sockets.

2. Wait approx 30 seconds until both WiFi LEDs are lit on the extender unit (bigger unit)

3. Press 'Pair' on adapter unit (smaller unit) - this makes the power LED blink

4. Within a few seconds press 'Pair' on the extender unit (bigger unit) - this makes the power LED blink

5. Both 'Powerline' LEDs now light solid for approx 10 seconds, then the extender goes off, followed a few seconds later by the adapter going off.

What I have tried:

1. Powering all down and attempted the pair procedure again

2. I pushed the factory reset on the extender unit and attempted the pair procedure again

3. Connected a ethernet cable from my router to the adapter unit and attempted the pair procedure again

All the above have resulted in the same outcome, with the powerline LED remaining lit on both units only for approx 10 seconds.

I tried using the extender unit in the weak signal room after having a brainwave that maybe the LEDs don't need to stay on but obvuiosly no joy. I can connect to the WiFi network but no internet connection.

The guy in the shop said this was a very simple setup and it does appear so, please tell me what I'm doing wrong as it's driving me crazy

Thanks

Options
2 Reply
Re:Powerline TL-WPA7510 Kit - Cannot pair properly - please help
2019-08-27 05:46:01

@JMR 

Hello, sorry for the inconvenience caused here. Below are some suggestion you can give it a shot. 

1. Please press and hold the Reset button for at least 2 seconds to reset the powerline extender. When Reset is triggered properly, all LEDs will turn off and start on again.

2. Then please plug them into the same room and plug into the wall sockets directly.

3. Please use the tpPLC utility to pair them this time, below is the download link:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/tl-wpa7510-kit/#Utility

How to pair them via the utility, click here. 

Any updates, please let us know. 

May it work. Good day. 

Options
Re:Powerline TL-WPA7510 Kit - Cannot pair properly - please help
2020-07-14 06:49:54

@JMR 

I had a similar sounding problem but in my case it occurred after 3-4 months of the TL-WPA7510 KIT working fine. I just lost the ability to pair the wifi part of the kit (WPA7510) with the base unit for some reason. This showed up as "No Internet" on any connections made to the WPA7510 either via wifi or wired connection.

I fixed it in the end by upgrading the firmware on the WPA7510 part of the kit (the wifi extender box) using the tpPLC utility. The unit has been working well without any drops for 2-3 days so far after that upgrade so seems fixed.

Few more details:

I'm not sure what triggered the problem exactly but just before things went wrong I had tried to reset the WPA7510 unit. I had been using the WiFi clone feature for the 1st 5 months and I wasn't sure that having a single SSID was working for me. Thought I'd try having a separate SSID from my main router but after the reset I lost the ability to pair the WPA7510 unit properly. The WPA7510 unit would show all of its LEDs on apart from the Powerline LED

I tried pairing with the two parts of the WPA7510 KIT next to either each other on adjacent sockets but didn't work

I tried adding the WPA7510 unit back into the powerline network using the tpPLC utility but it would only last a few secs\mins before dropping out of the network again

I also tried messing around with the dynamic\static IP address of the WPA7510 part of the kit in case I had a DHCP issue but that didn't change anything

My WPA7510 unit was a v1 UK unit and I upgraded the firmware from 3.2.4_751011_160820_901 to 3.2.4_751011_181204_901 (downloaded from TP link UK website)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 25713

Replies: 2

Related Articles