Tp Link TL-PA9020p

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Tp Link TL-PA9020p

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Tp Link TL-PA9020p
Tp Link TL-PA9020p
2019-08-29 11:56:06 - last edited 2019-08-29 12:18:05
Model: TL-PA9020P KIT  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

I have purchased 4 of these powerline adapters and were working fine until about 2 months ago. They stopped working. They have power and  the first and third led's light up solidly however the 2nd light does not. 

I have tried various things to try and resolve the issue

1. Re pairing the powerline adapters.

2. Restarting Router.

3. Trying another socket in different rooms.

4. Trying a different adapter.

5. Trying new network cable.

6. Replacing the fuses in the powerline adapters.

I can get an internet connection from connecting a cable out of router directly into ethernet port on my pc so it is not an internet signal issue.

I have viewed youtube videos and have tried following instructions to pair / connect to the adapters through the app however I am unable to connect to the devices via this method.

Could it be an issue with my electricity supply?. All of our sockets seem to be working with electrical devices. Adapters are also on the same circuit. 

Has anyone else had a similar experience?. I cant believe all 4 would fail. It is really strange.

I am not sure which firmware is running on them but I am still unable to connect to them via the app so i would not be able to update anyway.

As far as I am aware there are no devices interfering with them. I have a virgin super hub v2 and on 2.5g band.

Seems really strange they have stopped working.

Any suggestions?.

Thanks

Tim

Options
7 Reply
Re:Tp Link TL-PA9020p
2019-08-30 05:32:55

@TimTR 

Hello Tim, we will gather some information to help locate the issue and fix them. 

1. Please move them into the same room and plug them into the wall sockets directly. 

2. And then try to pair them with the pair button as the instruction below: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/258/

3. If failed, please use the tpPLC utility to pair them, click here to get the instruction. below is the download link of the utility. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/tl-pa9020p-kit/#Utility

4. Besides, please ensure that the firmware is up to date. https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1091/

Any updates, please let us know. 

Good day. 

Options
Re:Re:Tp Link TL-PA9020p
2019-08-30 06:47:16

Hi Kevin

Thank you for your response.

1. I can confirm they are plugged into the wall sockets directly and I tried in the same room.

2. I know how to pair them as I had done this many times prior to them not working as per the instructions. 

3. As mentioned in my original post I am unable to connect to them via the tp link utility following the instructions on tp link site plus youtube videos.

4. As also mentioned in my original post I cannot update the firmware in them as I cannot connect to them via the app / my computer.

Thanks

Options
Re:Re:Re:Tp Link TL-PA9020p
2019-09-02 05:53:08

@TimTR 

Power on 2 adapters and connect your computer to one of them and run the tpPLC utility, it will detect the connected adapter automaticallly; Then you can add the 2nd adapter via the utility as the instruction below:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1615/

Note: Please use the powerline key on the back panel of the actual device. 

May it help and have a good day. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Tp Link TL-PA9020p
2019-09-02 08:27:03

Hi kevin I appreciate your response nd time it has taken you to write the message but it is frustrating to have to keep repeating myself as all of the information has been supplied. For the 4th time I am unable to connect to any of them via the tp link app as they fail to show up as a device within the application.

Do you work for TP link?. Do they have a warranty on the products?. I am thinking that when we had a local storm with lightning / powercut that they probably got damaged as my nas blew out and had to be repaired and as it was plugged into one of the adapters this seems logical.

Tim

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Tp Link TL-PA9020p
2019-09-03 01:02:12

@TimTR 

When and where did you buy this powerline adapters? 

You can contact the tech support with the thread link attached and provide the serial number and proof of purchase to verify whether the replacement is qualified. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/contact-technical-support/#E-mail-Support

Best regards. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Tp Link TL-PA9020p
2019-09-03 01:09:13

Erm around may 2018 and from Amazon however I do not have an amazon account anymore so I am unable to send these back.

I will try thanks

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Tp Link TL-PA9020p
2019-09-04 03:29:17

@TimTR 

Thanks for your reply.

Generally speaking, Amazon provides one year warranty; you can give them a call first. 

Otherwise, you can contact our tech support with the serial number and proof of purchase which you can ask for it from Amazon. 

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 767

Replies: 7

Related Articles