TL-WPA8630P KIT - lan speed is only 100 Mbps, but through WiFi it runs close to Gbps

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TL-WPA8630P KIT - lan speed is only 100 Mbps, but through WiFi it runs close to Gbps

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-29 12:09:53
Model: TL-WPA8630P KIT  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hello guys,

I am solving this problem with kit TL-WPA8630P.

To the main (base) unit is plugged LAN income directly from GB router. These two TP Link units are paired, the distance between them is around 15 meters.

The wifi unit I use for connection of some devices by air, but also I have connected there a notebook by LAN output. Even though the laptop shows, that the speed is 1 gbps, the real transfer speed is around 10 or 12 mbps (which refers to a 100 mbps network only). But when I use wifi (5Ghz network), I am able to get speed around 30 Mbps, which is way better then through the LAN port.

Where is the problem? Why I can get ony 100 Mbps when I use LAN port whilst almost 1 Gbps when by WiFi.

- of course laptop has an GB lan port..on the side of input TPlink device can't be also problem (also 1 Gbps LAN connection) when I can get the Gbps speeds on the second side..

I can't anyhow control the input TP link unit (base), so there is not any setting, only on the WiFi part.

- I have installed latest firmware (to the wifi unit, of course).

Thank you so much for your sugestions and advices.

Jan

Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-WPA8630P KIT - lan speed is only 100 Mbps, but through WiFi it runs close to Gbps
2019-08-30 03:41:39

@Honza.cz 

Hello, I have some questions about the speed you mentioned. The 1Gbps speed is the wired negotiation speed, while for the real transfer speed, is it 10/12Mbps or 10/12MB/s?

And how did you test the trnasfer speed? 

Besides, we need some other information to help locate the issue.

1. Who is your ISP and what is the bandwidth you paid to for them?

2. With computer connected to the powerline adpaters directly, please go to speed test to run it for 3 times and show us the results; and click here to check the wired negotaition speed.

Note: The steps are the same, but please click local area connection/ethernet connection. 

3. With laptop connected to the TP-Link wifi, please check the actual speed as well and verify the wireless negotiation speed. 

4. Furthermore, try to change another ethernet cable with better quality to give it a go, like cat 5e or above.

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2420

Replies: 1