Guests network automation

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-29 16:33:40
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.3.1

Hello,

I have a main WiFi network that I use for my family devices that are connected regularly.

When guests are coming I turn on the guest network (which is open - without a password).

It keeps the Home’s WiFi network safer and avoids the hassle of telling each and every one of the guests the password.

The downside of it is that I need to remember to turn off the guests network after they go, and I usually forget.

There are a lot of automation options in the Deco app, but non of them relate to the guest network. Also, the Deco app doesn’t show up as an option in Siri’s shortcuts.

I wonder if there is any way to automate it so it’ll turn off by itself after a certain time that there are no devices connected to the guests network or even after a regular timer.

Thanks to all the helpers in advance!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Guests network automation
2019-08-30 01:53:08

@Lapidoth 

The Deco does not support wiif schedule yet, therefore we are not able to setup a time period to turn it on and off automatically. Whhile for this feature, we have received some feedback and reminded our R&D team already. They will take some time to evaluate the feasibility to add it on next firmware. 

While cause you usually forget to disable guest network, you can use an automation to remind you to turn it off.

For example, you can setup time settings first and then choose network devices as trigger and select all the devices which connected to the guest network and tab triggered by all devices when they are disconnected and select notification as action to send you a message to turn off the guest network. 

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 527

Replies: 1

Related Articles