Intermittent internet dropouts on the TPLink AX-6000

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Intermittent internet dropouts on the TPLink AX-6000

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
68 Reply
Re:Intermittent internet dropouts on the TPLink AX-6000
2020-02-28 18:14:52

TP-Link Team,

Any update on the intermittent internet drop outs?  I have not expereinced it since I re-installed my AX6000, I was on my old Archer C5400 for a few days and decided to go back.  Please respond as soon as you can with an update, I also have a case in with support but have not been able to re-produce the issue just yet to get the logs over to the support team.

Thank you.

Options
2020-03-10 05:12:07

Hey guys. It's been a while and I honestly forgot that I had made this post. Thankyou so much for your replies and to the staff at TPLink for trying to help out. I managed to fix my issues by:

1. Disabling all antivirus settings.
  2. Disabling all parental controls.
  3. Resyncing the router time as it was off by a few hours.
  4. Turning on Smart Connect.

I am unsure which of these steps actually solved the issue, so I just listed all of them here.

My big concern now is in my IPV6 configuration. I just can't figure out why ICMP requests are being blocked on the router's side.

Options
2020-03-10 10:58:39
Thank you for the reply Nersinc, unfortunately even the beta firmware that TP-Link provided did not resolve my issue. Sadly, as much as I like the router it is being returned. Biggest plus is the 8 ethernet ports, can’t find another Wi-Fi 6 router with so many.. Glad it is kind of working for you other than IPv6 and your ICMP requests.
Options
2020-03-10 23:30:41

@Grigo20 I think you're better off with an independent Switch + Router + Access Point setup if you have that many devices... It frees up a lot of hassle.

Options
2020-04-03 05:10:48

@Kevin_Z 

Kevin,

I am having the same issue. I have about 35 light switches connected to my 2.4ghz network which I solely use for my smart home devices. It seems as though every 3-4 days, all switches will lose connection and my 2.4ghz connection shows 0 clients while my 5ghz connection remains OK. The only way to get them all to reconnect is to reset the router.

I would like to try this Beta version out before I return the router.

Options
2020-04-03 07:48:35

@callmemarsh 

Sure, you can try this beta firmware attached on my reply. https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/175434?page=1

Besides, you can reduce the number of smart home switches connected to the 2.4GHz and take some time to test the performance and stability.

Good day. 

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-04-08 08:16:59

So... It turns out my previous "solution" didn't work out. There was a new firmware update, which I thought would fix the contant disconnecting and latency spikes (even with QoS enabled), but it's twice as bad as it previously was. If anybody has a solution I'd be glad to hear it, but this router really feels like a lost cause ATM.

Options
2020-04-08 08:19:18

@callmemarsh Do you use Smart Connect? Or do you manually separate the networks?

Options
2020-05-23 02:42:18

@Kevin_Z 

How can I get this firmware?  My issue is very similar.

Don Wallom

Options
2020-05-31 22:10:06

@Nerdsinc same boat for me.  router loses wan connection a few times a day.  I have tried changing many settings but have not hit on anything stable.  Help!

Options