- Intermittent internet dropouts - Bad WIFI range - UTP Speed only half the speed - Jitter.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

- Intermittent internet dropouts - Bad WIFI range - UTP Speed only half the speed - Jitter.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-04 17:59:00
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.7 Build 20200212 rel 7095

laugh HELLO

I have bought a TPLINK AX6000 Archer to replace my Netgear Nighthawk X4 router. 

In times of Covid-19 i neded a router with more power. 

Unfortunately, the performance of your router is a lot worse, and super unstable. 

From the start: I'm not an IT guy, and my knowledge of routers is limited and i cant find proper custumer suport. 

A: SETUP 

1. ISP Router Siligence TCG300  WiFi Gateway:

- Wifi is set off - Internet Speed: Down: 200Mbit/s Up: 20Mbit/s. Next week i wil get a Boost Pack up to Down: 400Mbit/s Up: 50Mbit/s.

2. Linux laptop connected to my ISP router directly for internernet connection testing: TEST OK Full speed no drops 24Hr 7d Test. 

3. UTP Cable Cat 7 to my second Wifi Router: TPLINK AX6000 Archer. standard setup operation mode: ACCESPOINT. @ the moment.   

4. 2 UTP Cablels Cat 7 from my Archer to my 2 desktop PC's. 

5. 2.4Ghz Dynamic band connected: Smartphones - Google Home. 

6. 2.4Ghz Static IP Cams from MI. 

7. 5.0Ghz Dynamic band: XBOX One and 2 TV's for streaming. 

B: Problems

1. Intermittent internet dropouts. 

All my devices stays connected to my Archer, but no connection to the internet and its not allways at the same time, this happens like 20 time every day. 

The only solution is to restart the router. And  the MI gatway Hub for my security cams need to be installed aigan after the dropout no auto restore after restart. 

2. The Wifi range is like a 3th of my older Netgear router.

2.4Ghz Max speed is Down:  70Mbit/s Up: 11Mbit/s. With a slow start and with a lot jitter. Up to max 10 Meter.

5.0Ghz Max speed is Down: 170Mbit/s Up: 14Mbit/s. With a slow start and with a lot jitter. Up to max 5 Meter. My phone Samsung Galaxy Note 10 does not always see the

5.0 band its like poping up and down aigan. My Xbox one is like 4m away and it stays relatively connected only it is unstable and the resolution of the Netflix stream is constandly going Up and down. If i connect my phone to the 5.0Ghz band the Youtube resolution starts auto on 450p and on 4G connection its on max resolution even up to 2K. 

3. UTP Cat 7 connection directly from the Archer to my pc is simply cut down by 2 after a few hours after the router restart. Down: 97Mbit/s Up: 9Mbit/s.

4. When i do my speed test i have noticed that it takes a long time to start the test and when the test start it takes time to get the speed up, And the jitter is like a christmas three.

I have tested all my connection directly to my ISP router, no problems! I had the same setup with the Netgear no problems. unfortunately I gave my Netgear to a friend as he now also needed internet for working from home with the currect lockdown.

5. I had contacted my ISP provider, they have installed a new main Router - Installed new drop cables and checked all settting.

Becouse working from home is like hell with your TP link AX6000 i spend more time restoring my work VPN and internet connection and tinkering with the router settings, 

i think i tested all the settings now, even my IT guys from work was going locco, his advice is dont buy chinees products and specially no internet divices. 

C. SOLUTION??

Is there a solution for this mess or should I just send my Tp link back to the seller? 

If more info neded feel free to ask. I give This Product 3 more days and than its going back to the seller. 

Sorry in advance for my negativity and bad englisch Nativ language is Dutch sow no luck for me on this TP Link community. smiley

Options
9 Reply
Re:- Intermittent internet dropouts - Bad WIFI range - UTP Speed only half the speed - Jitter.
2020-06-05 06:28:22

@Mr.Tadashi 

Hello, first of all, sorry for all trouble caused by this router.

We recently released a new firmware for the AX6000, we strongly suggest you update its firmware first and check again.

Please let us know if there is still an issue.

Options
Re:- Intermittent internet dropouts - Bad WIFI range - UTP Speed only half the speed - Jitter.
2020-06-12 16:47:58

@Solla-topee 

HI here is my update. I installed the new firmware, 

1 day I was happy that the connection was stable. 

Now I tested the TP-Link with the new software, and still I have a lot of problems.

- The utp drop in half speed seems to be resolved. 

- But all my connected hardware ofer wifi don't recieve stable internet access. Connection is not lost but there is no internet access. A need restart the router end onpug all my devices, and reconnect to the router. I is a lot of work. 

Kind regards 

Michael

Options
2020-06-12 21:11:21

Same experience here.

First days with the latest firmware were fine.

Stable connection

Now less stable and the dropouts are back...

Why?????

Options
2020-06-15 03:00:07

@Mr.Tadashi  @rick1975 

Hello Michael and Rick,

Do you encounter the same issue that there is no internet access when devices connected to the wireless connection of the AX6000? Can you please help confirm below:

1. When the wireless connection stops working, how about the LAN connection, do you still have internet access on the wired connected devices? How about the LED on the router, is it solid blue?

2. Please kindly check and ensure the modem from ISP is working stably or the times.

3. How many devices are connected to the AC6000? When the internet stops, are all devices having no internet access or only some specific devices?

4. When the internet stops on the AX6000, can you please send us the system log before you restart it?

Thanks a lot for your cooperation and we will try to investigate further once we have more info.

Options
2020-06-15 12:48:15

@Solla-topee 

There is no easy answer to your questions because every drop out is a little different and there not 1 problem but a web of problems. 

Question 1.

30% There a days that the wifi drops the internet but there is still connection with my devices. 

50% of the dropouts I still have internet over UTP directly from the TP-Link router to my pc's. Just no wifi. 

20% there is connection over utp and wifi just no internet access. 

60% my TP-Link just cuts the connection to my devices and I need to restart the router aigan to make an connection. 

5% problem even is solved bij just reconnecting my main UTP cable to router. 

95% I need to reboot the divice. 

In all cases I check my ISP router with a laptop connected directly to this router and there are no internet problems and no dropouts. 

95% the blue light solid blue! And there is no internet. Only thing I can do is reboot the router.

5% the led is red: reconnect the main utp to restore internet access.  

Question 2.

I have permenent installed a MacBook pro over utp directly to my ISP his router. I have software running 24hr just to monitor my connection. I don't see any problems with: intent acces, ping 9, download 400 upload 40, loss 0%, choke 0% SV 0.3% var 0.033ms.

Connection lost do to ISP servevice 2 times in one month. 

Question 3.

This answer a allready answered before. But here is an overview. 

UTP: 2 Desktop pc's

2.4 wifi: Google home - MI home gateway - 2 security cams MI 360 1080p - sometimes 1 MI bedroom tv to check my cams, And sometimes my I switch phone to 2.4 to check and restore my cams and home system. 

5.0 wifi Xbox one, android tv for video streaming and 2 phones for YouTube this connection is only going max 8 meter without walls after 10 meter internet connection on my phone is bad and youtube is max 480p with a lot of buffering. Can't connect my bedroom TV on it its 12meter with one wall in between.

The 2.4 wifi is only download 95 mbs and 14 upload till max 10m one cam is only 10 meter away and the internet is super slow and low bitrate. Only 1 wall in between. And ya all devices have the same problem at the same time al the % are mentioned above on question nr 1. 

Questions 4.

I need a guide line to extract a log file and I need to know which info I need to senseur for my privacy before sharing on this platform. Second how can I login to your router without connecting? If I reboot is the data on the log file still relevant because I can only login 50% of the time. 

Please allow me to ask you some questions to? 

1. What's your job on this forum, are you a freelancer call center, employee of TP-Link, are you in the development team? If so do you have access to the development team? 

2. Does my hardware version have some relevants to the problem? Like I have version 1.0 so it's the first one I guess. Are there hardware changes between the first one and the last? Maybe TP-Link can send me an newer version? 

3. Does TP-Link understand the importance of a stable internet connection? My internet is really important it's my work!! Me and my wife are working from home, with the current lockdown because of the Houwane virus. it's my home security it is my doorbell, it's my connection to other people. It's my relaxation, gaming and watching TV. I can't do this all without internet and I picked TP-Link to take this responsibility, it's my center hardware to do my work and living with internet. Your community forum is full of problems and I don't see mutch solutions. 

Dear solla I hope you are an honest guy. Do you think that your development team can fix this in a week? I can't work and live with your device like this for an other week. My boss gets really frustrated because of my unstable router. I organize Skype meetings up to 50 people and I'm dropping like crazy with your unstable router. Can you maybe put me in contact with customer service and ask them for a solution?

Maybe send me an other device like a better model. I have contacted my seller bol.com and they send me a second archer and this one has the same problems its the same hardware version. I work with the Dutch team of hardware info.nl and they gave this product an award, I'm currently sending this information with them and there response is that they gonne following up the case. If TP-Link is able to resolve the problem fast its a good thing, but if TP-Link is fck up its gonna show in they review and they need to take away the award. I'm just telling you this because I need to mention this legally if I share ower conversations with 3th party like a hardware review site as hardware info.nl. 

Please take this as an opportunity to shine! 

Kind regard 

Michael 

Options
2020-06-15 13:31:41
I have a update, the seller Bol.com is gonne provide me with a 3th replacement. The seller is gonne investigate the problem to, and will connect TP-Link directly. The seller told me that are a lot of customers complaining about this product. At the moment he his gonna put this product out of stock till there is a solution from TP-Link. The seller is gonna update me what TP-Link had to say. I hope to inform you quickly with an update of my 3th archer router? The new device will be delivered tomorrow. Is an update of the firmware recommended? Maybe a should not update the firmware. Pls give me asap feedback! I need to mention that this conversation is gonna be shared with my supplier. Regard Michael
Options
2020-06-16 01:08:38

@Mr.Tadashi 

Thanks again for your detailed information.

Yes, I'm an employee from TP-Link, and I can ask our engineers to follow up on your case if you'd prefer to.

You may leave the factory firmware once you get the 3rd replacement and monitor the performance, get back to the community, and let us know if you still encounter any dropout issues.

Good day and keep safe.

Options
2020-06-16 11:28:02

@Mr.Tadashi 

Hi my 3th device has arrived! 

I allready set the system up, just used the wizard 

New name's - password - and setup as accesspoint because if I set it up standard the router is unstable. 

Now I try to connect my:

Phone 

Digibox 

MI gateway hub 

2 Mi 360 cams 

To the 2.4 band, password and name are perfect, 

Every device gets an time out. Can't connect. 

I reset my router - aigan setup with the wizard. 

Access point name and password. 

My phone connects on the 2.4 yes! 

MI gateway hup connect yes! 

Digibox time-out! 

Google home time-out! 

MI gateway hup disconnected fck! 

Phone connected no internet access. 

UTP connection to pc has internet but it has the same problem like all the archer router that the speed is half! Normally it is solved after an firmware update but than we have the same unstable situation as discussed in my previous post. 

Reboot the router: same problem only my phone is connected to the 2.4 and has internet. 

All other devices won't connect to the router 

The wifi of my ISP router is disabled to not interfere. 

I'm using the router firmware out of the box 

Hardware: version V1.0

Firmware: 1.0.6 Build 20190822 rel.26396 (4555)

Why do I have so many problem. 

- My ISP router has been replaced test ok. 

- Fibercable street test ok. 

- Fibercable indoor test ok. 

- Dropcable ISP new cable test ok. 

- All my cables are cat 7 and tested. 

- I have connected a MacBook pro directly to my ISP 

With monitor software 24hr, it's stable no drops and perfect ping jitter speed... 

- My ISP provided me with free boost pack to help me 

Download speed 400 upload 50 ping 9 jitter 3.

- My ISP sent me an technischer for de first 2 TP-Link. He's opinion is that there are problem with the firmware of TP-Link and I only can use all of the 2 TP-Links in accesspoint mode to reduce problems. 

I have an €300 router without settings and super unstable. I'm trying to solve the problem now for 3 months. I even went so far just disconnecting the router and use an UTP cable directly from my ISP to split between I purchased an netgear switch that cost me an other €50. The technician cost me the second time €75. The UTP cat upgrade from 6a to cat 7 costed me €64. In total we played € 489 and still I have no wifi and now security and no gaming, watching Netflix. 

Me and my wifi are getting really frustrated and tis in times of lockdown. 

What is your solution?? 

If you don't believe I have pictures I can make videos. My wife and me Need internet asap!!!.my phone calls and Skype meeting are over my phone via the Skype business business app. Al the calls are now over 4g 

And me and my wifi are paying more for the data. 

Tis cost us a lot more just because your product is not working. 

If it works faster you can call me or send me over email! My seller won't send me a 4th device. He thinks that what he has I stock are all from the same date and version numbers. 

Pls provide me contact information of the customer service like someone that works intern with TP-Link company maybe he can send me an other device like an newer model ax 11000? Maybe it has an other chip and more stable firmware!! 

I don't now what to do I'm really stress out!!! 

Kind regard. 

Michael 

Options
2021-04-10 12:07:24

@Solla-topee 

Yo  where is my HELP ??  

You didn't read my last post.  

I  have my 4th Tp Link - Advice seller: Never upgrade the firmware! 

Is  that how Tp is future proof ?? 

Kind regards 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2019

Replies: 9