Make light bulb BLINK

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Make light bulb BLINK

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Make light bulb BLINK
Make light bulb BLINK
2019-09-05 10:33:56
Model: HS100  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.5

Hi,

I'm considering connecting my TP-Link smart plug to my alarm system (Abode). The idea is when the alarm is triggered the lights/lamps connected via the TP-Link smart plugs should start FLASHING/BLINKING e.g. every 1 or 2 seconds, not just turn on and stay on. Is that possible somehow? 

Best, James

Options
2 Reply
Re:Make light bulb BLINK
2019-09-05 15:18:39
It's possible, but it takes a bit of setting up - I do this with my own alarm system using my app AutomationManager available from play. When it reports an alarm it starts flashing the outside lights. You'd need to run AutomationManager on a dedicated device as a server, and you'll need a way to trigger it - ideally if your alarm system can make an HTTP post when it triggers, or if it can signal the alarm through an output, or via IFTTT (though anything that goes through the cloud is less reliable).
AutomationManager: Secure home automation without relying on cloud servers.
Options
Re:Make light bulb BLINK
2019-09-06 06:21:43

@JG07800 

The kasa app may not able to satisfy your needs; while you can verify whether the 3rd party programme can do that.

Like IFTTT, you can setup the alarm system as trigger and the smart plug as action, then control the bulb plugged into it. 

While to make it flashing, you may need do some research and take some time; or you can give it a go per Mike said. 

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 988

Replies: 2