Archer MR600 4G Router with Ubiquiti Network (Bridge mode?)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-09-05 11:37:21 - last edited 2019-09-06 02:30:42

Hey!

I have a MR600 4G router which i want to use as a modem to feed my Ubiquiti Network with internet. However i can't get it to work.

I have connected the MR600 -> Ubiquiti USG -> Ubiquiti Switch -> Cloud Key

I read something about bridge mode that could solve it, but i haven't found any such setting on the router.

Would be so happy for a solution :)

Options
9 Reply
Re:Archer MR600 4G Router with Ubiquiti Network (Bridge mode?)
2019-09-06 02:30:16 - last edited 2019-09-06 02:30:42

@lukasbb 

Sorry, we are not familiar with the Ubiquiti device, what is the Ubiquiti USG? 

Is there any internet source existed? How do you connect the MR600 to the USG device? 

Besides, the Archer MR600 supports 3/4G router mode and wireless router mode only. 

Good day. 

Options
2019-10-27 09:48:43

Please add a bridge mode with a firmware update or give the settings to make it function as a bridge.

Options
2019-10-30 07:47:21

@ChelseaExcess 

Why do you need the bridge mode? 

For the MR600, it supports wireless router mode and LTE router mode both; which can satisfy the common network requests -- get internet with sim card or the ethernet cable. 

Options
2019-10-30 08:16:12

@Kevin_Z I wish to use it as one of 2 wan's for a Synology RT2600ac router. I have excellent 4g+ in my area (150mb down) but it can stop particularly during storms. I also have ADSL (4 MB down) so like to use, the Synology router's ability for failover and failback, but to avoid conflicts it is easier to have the Archer in bridge mode. Alternatively, I would appreciate the setting required to effectively put it in bridge mode. My ADSL router from free.fr has bridge mode so it would be very helpful to have a 4g+ router that also has bridge mode.  The Synology router has excellent wifi and mesh so I only need a 4g+ modem with good aerial connections.

Options
2019-11-04 18:16:44

@ChelseaExcess  Great question and I have the exact same request (support, please answer here if you can, as I beleive many people will want to know how to use the MR600 LTE router to access the Internet (WAN) via 4G LTE, but who want to use another  WiFi solution in theor building, and who don't want to encounter souble NAT issues is doing so.

I looked through the documentatin and emulator vut while I cna see bridglem mode on some other products, I can't see how to access it on this speciifc model. 

@ChelseaExcess if you have identified a solution via another channel I'd be really interested in knowing. 

I found this video HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yby_AOZZtPU that claims to acheive it - but it looks far more involved than a simple setting in the router itself (I have not tested) 

regards, Richard. 

Technology enthusiast and professional - working for NVIDIA, ex Microsoft. Interested in AI, CGI, graphics, home computing.
Options
2019-11-04 18:28:06
Disappointingly I just found this article on another thread here- can support confirmed this - "that no TP Link LTE 4G routers support bridge mode" - "https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/102460?replyId=331764
Technology enthusiast and professional - working for NVIDIA, ex Microsoft. Interested in AI, CGI, graphics, home computing.
Options
2019-11-04 18:28:11
Disappointingly I just found this article on another thread here- can support confirmed this - "that no TP Link LTE 4G routers support bridge mode" - "https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/102460?replyId=331764
Options
2019-11-14 15:27:39

Admin - can one of you confirm if the MR600 (and other 4G routers) do not support bridge mode?

if so, is there any other recommended way to avoid double NAT issues (when not using the routers own built-in Wifi) and using a 3rd party EWifi such as Google Wifi - that also provides addresses (and can not be put into bridge mode itself) 

Would you avoid any double NAT issues if you also purchased your TP-link Deco Mesh solution to provide the wifi? 

Richard. 

Options
2020-07-01 17:00:14

@lukasbb 

It appears that TP-Link opted for OneMesh and getting rid of WDS bridging completely. OneMesh only works with some select TP-Link devices and is suggested to work really seamlessly. Yes, it seems to be a very anti-customer decision by TP-Link, but that is the case.

https://www.tp-link.com/in/onemesh/compatibility/

If you go down the list, you will see some range extenders. Buying a couple of them (depending on your requirement) is cheaper than buying dedicated Mesh wifi devices. But yes, if you have an existing device that you want to connect to then you are in a fix. You will still have to buy a oneMesh compatible device and then connect it physically with your intended device.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 9443

Replies: 9

Related Articles