Best outdoor router antenna recommendations? and problem with inconsistent internet connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Best outdoor router antenna recommendations? and problem with inconsistent internet connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-09-07 12:48:14 - last edited 2019-09-09 03:35:47

Hi using the router TL-MR6400 and version 4

Live right out in the stick fibreoptics is a nightmare so using wifi instead.
Difficult to get signal so got two outdoor antennas which are the "omni seritaa arials" for £20 each, seemed maybe to good to be true.
Have worked wonders to a degree, as went from having 1 bar to no bars now to 3 bars.
But the signal fluctuates constantly from 3,2,1 bar and zero and cutting out so i have to restart it every few hours.
Now would this inconsistant signal be down to having 2 ariels seperated quite far apart or is this simply down to them not picking up the internet well enough?

And most importantly what outdoor arial would anybody recommend to help catch the signal better?? dont mind the price but cheaper the better i guess. just want a half decent one that works well and with a better consistancy..
Rather then me buying loads of differant ones and trying them out hope some of you may have some tips and advice to save me time and money

Options
1 Reply
Re:Best outdoor router antenna recommendations? and problem with inconsistent internet connection
2019-09-09 03:41:13

@Possompants 

First, we do not suggest you to change antenna,cause the antennas on one device work alternately, while if you want to change the external antennas on your router/AP to meet your special Wi-Fi requirements, we recommend you to replace all of them with same type of antenna other than change only one of them.

Back to your case, you changed the 2 omini directional antenna; are they the outdoor LTE antenna? Cause the original antennas are LTE antennas.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/tl-mr6400/#specifications

For the signal intermittent issue, how far away between the router and your client devices? 

Have you ever tried to change some wireless settings or change the position of the router to make it get stronger signal? 

Besides, we do not have single LTE antenna available yet, I'm afraid that we cannot give you a specific recommendation.

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 658

Replies: 1