Deco M4 wifi clients with wifi connected and "no internet"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M4 wifi clients with wifi connected and "no internet"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
81 Reply
Re:Deco M4 wifi clients with wifi connected and "no internet"
2020-04-14 17:53:21

Same problem over here, kind off... Everything works fine, except the two laptops of my daughters.  After a while they loose connection with internet, I tried allmost everything I could.

Options
2020-04-16 13:28:05 - last edited 2020-04-16 13:29:24

By the way, I just remember that when I first installed my 3 deco M4, my connection with my miui redmi 6a was just fine. After sometime, I started to have thoose deconnections. May the problem of connection have begun after some firmware update?

Options
2020-04-24 14:13:28 - last edited 2020-04-24 14:17:20

@Kevin_Z Defenetely tp-link has major issues with all their software firmware acroos the entire deco/mesh line (just check all the issues on all deco models!) and tp-link just seems to not have the technical/software capabilities to solve this.

tp-link should just provide firmwares with the option with telnet or ssh open, so that people that know something about routers can peek, heck, even try to tune them (even if not re-apllied at next boot), that would help a lot troubleshooting and identifying the issues. In case of an issue/support need, tp-link can always ask the client that if it was tamapered, to do a network reset first, there is no damage risk since only volatile configuration can be changed (and lost between reboots).

I am sure this would speed up identifying issues and, maybe, even providing solution(s) to be incorprated in later firmware releases or temporary workarounds untill a new firmware comes out, providing valuable feedback to tp-link, because most of the casual users would not attempt anything manual on their routers.

I am still waiting for promised configuration settings since 6 months I reported mine here . . .

Options
2020-05-13 14:42:45 - last edited 2020-07-03 09:10:32

I am now advising anybody that needs a stable and configurable wifi to stay away from any tp-link deco product, to read the tp-link foruns to make a decent purchase opinion and understand the cabeats of such product, because all deco products are affected by the same major flaw of no manual channel and channeld width selection (bottom or higher product lines).

This shows that there is a major issue with the software development of tp-link with no apparent will to solve it. The hardware is really nice (as some previous routers have shown when flashed with ddwrt or openwrt or similar), but the tp-link own software is never up to it.

This ends any possible relation with any tp-link product ever.

Options
2020-06-02 11:53:48

@VCL 

I totally agree!!

tp-link's ability to address the Deco series' software issues appears to be non-existing.

My sincere advise to tp-link is to stop developing new, eye-catching, products - and focus on software improvement of the existing portfolio.

The deco's as per now are basically rubbish, and definitely not up to the standard customers deserve!

-lefty

Options
2020-06-03 00:20:47 - last edited 2020-06-03 00:26:38

Just received my 3 Deco M4 today and got exactly the same problem. It seems that the problem only occurs when my satellite AP is connected through ethernet. Plugging the ethernet cable makes the ping way more stable but induces frequent random packet loss (4 to 8 packets are lost every 4 to 10 packets sent). I measured this through pinging a device on my local network, but the results seems to correlate with what I experience with VoIP (crystal clear voice when satellite is wireless, horrible experience and connection loss when ethernet is connected).

My network configuration :

- My ISP hardware (french ISP "Freebox Mini 4K") is acting as router + provides DHCP

- My main Deco M4 is plugged through Ethernet, configured in AP Mode with 802.11r enabled

- My secondary Deco M4 is connected through another Ethernet port, through a tp-link gigabit switch. I had absolutely no issues before plugging it through ethernet

Tested through Android devices (OnePlus phone, Samsung Tablet), Windows 10 and Linux (Arch), always getting the same result.

Options
2020-06-28 16:35:57

@VCL 

Many years ago i bought few wifi router for office use, after use for few week the tp-link products keep going to having problem.. I send for warranty claim.. after change the unit from RMA dept , the problem come back again.. I need to reboot the devices everyday.. then I buy another brand wifi router to replace all my tp-link & until now no problem.

After many years,  I heard lot of friends said now TP-Link very good, they have upgrade already etc...  ,then I talk to my self "OK ... maybe tp-link already improve they products , let give them a chance" . So I received my deco  M4 last week .. having all this problem & issue.. My ISP can't solve it & TP-Link Malaysia no repond . & check online for this problem... saw this post... GG .

NO MORE TP-LINK for me for this few years again !! I will try to ask my ISP to cancel this contract & refund my money. 

Options
Re:Deco M4 wifi clients with wifi connected and "no internet"-Solution
2020-07-03 09:10:14 - last edited 2020-07-03 09:10:20

@Pat1185 

Hello all, sorry to respond late.

For those who have encountered the disconnect issue with the Deco M4 network, please help to confirm the following information and we will try to fix it ASAP:

1. Who is your internet service provider? And what is the current network diagram? How do you connect these devices together?

2. Is there any error message on the Deco app when the internet stops working?

3. In the meantime, please connect your laptop to the modem directly and verify whether it is the ISP issue or the Deco itself. 

4. Besides, cause the wireless device still connects to the Deco with a valid IP address, at that time, please ping the gateway of the Deco which is 192.168.68.1 by default, and show us the ping result. 

5. You are suggested to swap the locations of the Deco units to give it a go. 

BTW, here are some suggestions when there is an unstable issue with the Deco network:

What can I do if the internet connection is unstable when connected to the Deco network?

Good days.

Recommended Solution
Options
2020-07-03 12:18:46 - last edited 2020-07-03 12:56:47

@TP-Link_Deco - BULLSH*T, I provided enought info here related to the issues with the nokia 2.2 (that still happens, I had to keep the ISP wifi enabled because when a big update or streaming is needed, the nokia 2.2 connected to the mesh is a no-go), and there was even a ticket open with support... more than 9 months passed and nothing happened... NOTHING said on these foruns will ever change my mind that this time it will be different.

Options
2020-07-03 12:53:50

@VCL  I actually I don't understand why we as a TP-link customer that bought the M4 Mesh WiFi , we face the problem and we need to help TP-link trouble shooting?

Like this case may not too many person facing, why not TP-link just ask us return it back to TP-link and exchange another new set to us? If after exchange still having same problem then can suggest customer upgrade to another model or get a full refund? So customer will be happy for your service and we all will continue to support TP-link 

Options
Related Articles