force device to always connect to a specific deco?

force device to always connect to a specific deco?

107 Reply
Re:force device to always connect to a specific deco?
2021-10-11 09:46:24

@TP-Link_Deco 

I have the exact same issue. got the x90 4x

- Backyard

- Livingroom
- 1st floor

- 2nd floor

On the second floor are Ring camera's but they keep connecting to the living room ( main deco ) no matter what i do.

even the camera in the same room as the deco itself. when i reboot the living room deco it will connect to the deco on the second floor and it works perfect.

but after e few hours it switches back to the deco in the living room... even when the mesh tech is disabled...

Would really love an option so you can make the choise to connect a device to a specific deco.

Options
2021-11-04 10:17:33

To everyone frustrated with the lack of action on this much-needed feature, it might be worth making a feature request via the Deco app by going to the Menu in the top left then help > contact us > suggestions

Put subject line as something like 'Feature request: add option to force device to always connect to a specific deco' and then stick a link to this thread in the body.

Options
2021-12-04 19:42:17

@moloko 

I found a funny way to say the least 

my second floor always connected to basement ( main deco) and skips the 1st floor ( wired  to main deck) 

the solution , placed the basement deco In covered steel pot and restarted the 2nd floor and it worked 

then the steel pot goes back to kitchen 

good luck

😉 

Nabeel

Options
2022-01-07 07:51:06

@TP-Link_Deco@TP-Link@Kevin_Z, could you give, at least an approximate date, when an update will be released? If I knew that TP device works this way, I would not have bought it. You can see that there is a huge group of people who struggle with this problem and you are not able to provide any solution!

Marek
Options
2022-01-26 16:36:58

@TP-Link_Deco 

This is not a solution. And the promise is getting old.

M4 and M9 Plus don't have such update and they are practically unusable...

Please, provide correct support for your products and allow changing of the signal source!

P.S. I can't believe how many topics are there about this and you still can't make it right. WHY M5 (with select source Beta) > M9 Plus?? Is it cheaper - NO!

Frustrated Deco (X90, M9 Plus, M4R, E4) & Tapo (C200, C210) owner looking for solutions to use the investment in them. Expensive Plastic...
Options
2022-03-29 05:47:50

@Momcho, I have exactly the same feelings as you — I bought expensive, useless equipment.

@TP-Link_Deco@TP-Link@Kevin_Z, please provide users a CLEAR MESSAGE that you have no plans to add this feature for Deco M4 in the future. I counted on it all the time, but now I see that the best solution for me is to sell your device.

Marek
Options
2022-03-29 08:33:18

@Hira1983PL 

From what we have been told by engineers, There is a plan to add the ability to hard code clients to a specific Deco which is clear.  But We have not been told when or any ETA.

Options
2022-03-29 15:02:40

@David-TP This is the question we keep asking.  When?????  It's been a year since I first asked.

Options
2022-04-16 03:47:22

@David-TP 

Hi, since 2019 until now no update yet. Im using Deco X90 and X50, still having same problem. I have 5 deco. 3 deco x90 and 2 deco x50. 

The 5th deco connect to 1st deco instead of connecting to 4th deco. Phewww. 

Please improve the system. 

Thanks.

Options
2022-05-13 17:25:43

@lmanpunk I don't think they ever have a plan to release this feature. They just telling people what they want to hear @admin 

Options

Tags

Feature Request
connection preference
Related Articles