force device to always connect to a specific deco?

force device to always connect to a specific deco?

107 Reply
Re:force device to always connect to a specific deco?
2021-02-25 04:02:54 - last edited 2021-02-25 04:21:25

This needs to be addressed. Some of those workarounds are fairly ridiculous. The one workaround of removing the connection from the device isn't so bad except for hard-to-reach devices, such as a wireless security camera. Truly don't understand why this is marked as solved when these workarounds do not fix the issue.

Options
2021-03-12 21:39:25

Not sure if customer service reps are still looking at this thread, but if so, I'd like to add my voice asking to implement a way to choose a specific Deco unit for a specific client. As many have attested, the workaround of turning off mesh when connected to the desired unit simply does not work.

Adding this functionality would make using these routers much more easy and pleasant for many people (myself included). So, please encourage the developers to implement this feature ASAP!

Options
2021-03-21 03:43:41

@Ajmorse 

exactly folks. this feature is needed. please tp link devs hurry up asap.

thanks in advance

*bump up*

Options
2021-03-23 05:30:20

@ultron_vision 

Hey guys just seeing this tread and to be honest I feel like I made a mistake ppl have been complaining about this issue from 2019 and I have see replies from ..tp link reps that an update to fix this will be out soon....1 year later.....same ....come on ,..I should listen to my cousin and just bought the Google home ...he has it and it works amazing...he has them in 3 floors ...and the 3rd floor relays right of the one on the 2nd floor not the main one on the ground floor....and that because u can still get signal from the first floor on the 3rd....I wish I can return this...but my return window is close I bought 2 a total of 6 ..and all only want to connect to the main deco ...I literally placed them side to side and it still went to look for the main deco.....😤😤..tp link these forums are here for you to get feed back and address them not drag them for years....pls hook up a fix...or I guess the only solution is...,🚮🚮🚮

Options
2021-04-26 17:16:51

After having something that seemed to work I find that it doesn't.  This is ridiculous that we can't manage the connections that are being made to our routers, and that somehow it is always linking to the furthest one.  My one main device, an iMac, just won't connect to the router 5 feet away, and only that one.  All the rest connect based on proximity, including every light bulb (TP-Link bulbs at that).  What is it that their algorithm is doing that causes this? 

Options
2021-04-27 02:54:22

@zacster 

Hi, the new firmware 1.6.0 will allow users to manually select the signal source for satellite Deco units;

And the clients could also choose a preferred wireless band and preferred  Deco;

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Options
2021-04-27 03:05:08
When will it 1.6.0 be released? I just checked my Deco M5, firmware update is still at version 1.5.3
Options
2021-04-27 03:06:18

@TP-Link when will this update come to the deco x20

Options
2021-05-04 11:51:01

Please can you provide an update on the release schedule for 1.6.x?

I've just spent £300 GBP on 3 x Deco M9s and have found the lack of "pinning" to immediately be an issue.

We have 30 or so wireless devices on our network and many are connecting to the wrong Deco. Many devices are favoring the Main (1st installed) Deco in the Lounge, instead of the Deco in the same room as the device, which provides a full signal. I've tried disconnecting the affected devices from the wireless network and selecting "Forget Network" and also deleted them via the Deco App, then reconnecting them as new devices, but the results are similarly unreliable and unpredictable.

This seriously affects the quality of the Deco/Mesh network

The Deco is a great piece of technology, but as others have said, this issue has been around since 2019 and should have been fixed by now. Please can this be raised as a matter of priority, or at least can you tell us when 1.6.x is scheduled for GA release?

Options
2021-05-14 15:07:45

My wife was complaining about an inconsistent connection and I just checked and she is connected to the third floor router even though the 2nd floor router is on her desk right next to her.  All of the other devices seem to just be randomly connected, not based on proximity.  Even the routers themselves aren't connected in the way I would think.  The third floor is connected to the main router on the first floor and the second floor is connected to the third floor.  The main router only has the light bulbs connected, and frankly who cares where the light bulbs are.  This is just a total mess and doesn't work properly.

Options

Tags

Feature Request
connection preference
Related Articles