Is it possible to connect a wired IP camera to Deco M5 set up in AP mode?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-09-21 08:03:21 - last edited 2019-09-22 06:00:32
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.1

I have Deco M5 set up in AP mode.  It is not using ethernet backhaul.  Both ethernet sockets are vacant and thus can be used IF Deco M5 firmware allows them to be used.  I have an IP camera whose wireless module has stopped working but ethernet connection works okay.   Question:  Is it possible to set up Deco M5 in AP mode and then connect a wired IP camera to one of its ethernet sockets to get the video stream from IP camera when I am NOT using ethernet backhaul?

I noticed something to the effect about one of the sockets being capable of IPTV.  Can that socket be used for IPTV only if Deco M5 is using ethernet backhaul?  In other words, if only one ethernet socket is connected (the other remaining vacant), does Deco M5 assume the one that's connected is for ethernet backhaul only?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Is it possible to connect a wired IP camera to Deco M5 set up in AP mode?
2019-09-23 01:59:02

@MDec 

Hello, as you know, the Deco units can connect to each other by wired cable or wireless. For the ethernet sockets, we use it for ethernet backhaul, but it still can be connected by other clients, like computer to get internet, 

So please be assured of it, you can connect your wired camera to the ethernet sockets to get internet. 

And for the IPTV feature, the Deco in AP mode does not support IPTV feature, if you want to use it, try to change  the operation mode to router mode and enable IPTV under advanced-IPTV page. 

May it help and have a good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2906

Replies: 1