Adding 9020's to an existing PL network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-09-25 13:50:06
Model: TL-PA9020 KIT  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I have a PL network comprising WiFi and non WiFi adapters including one at 600 Mps, 4 at 1200Mps and a camera at 200Mps. This network operates without issue. The router is connected to a 1200Mps adapter. I hoped to increase the speed between the router and my TV by replacing two 1200Mps adapters with two 9020's (2000Mps). However, as soon as I do this I get instability in the network. If you use the tpPLC monitoring utility you can see adapters appearing and disappearing randomly as it refreshes which doesn not happen with the 1200Mps adapters. Anyone had this problem? Any ideas as to what might be the cause and potential solution would be appreciated since TP-Link support don't seem to have a clue! Thanks.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Adding 9020's to an existing PL network
2019-09-26 07:21:06

@mountain_goat 

What are the model number of the other powerline adapters? It starts with TL-WPA/TL-PAXX?

What is the current network topology/diagram? How do you connect them to each other? 

With 9020kit plugged  only, as main router -- 9020 A--powerline-- 9020 B--TV,  what is the stability of the network connection? 

What is the led status of the TL-PA9020KIT when it disapeared from the tpPLC utility; at that time, with your computer connected to it, what is the IP and gateway it obtained? Below is the instruction to get them:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/838/

Besides, try to change another socket to plug them, and ensure that the firmware is up to date. 

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 489

Replies: 1

Related Articles