Troubles getting powerline to work

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-09-27 06:31:41
Model: TL-WPA8630P KIT  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I am having troubles getting the adapters to work. I've followed the instructions on the mini-manual found in the package, however as a result I see the powerline creating a new network rather than extending my home network -- which was my ultimate goal.

In addition, when I access the wifi powerline, I get asked username and password -- which I can't finda nywhere. That is the same whether I access them through rpPLC or via my wireless. I can't seem to understand how to simply extend the signal for my homw network, I simply attached the 'master' powerline to the router, paired as requested and plugged the wifi powerline to the electric socket.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks ina dvance!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Troubles getting powerline to work
2019-09-29 06:00:42

@diferdin 

Hello, per you said, we need pair them to make them work, and as a powerline extender, it has its own wireless network name and password printed on the back panel or the wifi card, which can be customized by yourself. 

If you want to use the same wifi name as your main router, you can access the web UI or use the tpPLC utility to change them. Below are the instructions: 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1611/

To access the web UI, the username and password are both admin by default. 

May it help and have a good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 638

Replies: 1

Related Articles