TL-WPA7510 v2.0 - Connection slowing down

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-09-27 08:35:23
Model: TL-WPA7510 KIT  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.0.0 Build 20180301 Rel.39287

The wifi signal from the powerline adapter extension is consistently slowing down to approx 5-6 Mbps. Rebooting the extender sees the connection speed go up to roughly 180 Mbps. The input speed as shown on the tpPLC app is 417Mbps.

Seems like the same problem reported here: https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/110592

Have tried all the trouble shooting tips but nothing seems to work. The speed always drops back down to 5-6Mbps. Is this a known fault?

Options
4 Reply
Re:TL-WPA7510 v2.0 - Connection slowing down
2019-09-29 05:55:51

@Batornator 

Who is your ISP and what is the bandwidth you paid?

What is the led status of the TL-WPA7510KIT when the speed drops down to 5-6Mbp? Does the wired connection have the same issue? 

In the meantime, please open tpPLC utility and check the powerline link rate between them and show us a picture. 

With them plugged into the same room, what about the stability? What's the speed you can get from them? 

Please ensure that the firmware is up to date and try to customize the wireless settings to optimize the wireless performance, like wireless channel and channel width. 

Good day. 

Options
2019-10-02 17:12:58

@Kevin_Z ISP is virgin media. I pay for 500mbps. The led status I'm not sure but top 2 are green as is the bottom 1 which I believe is the wifi one. Firmware is the latest as far as I can tell and I've played with the settings to no avail. 

This is the original location

This is plugged in next to the base unit immediately after wifi is available

This is next to the base unit around an hour later

As you can see the speed has dropped to about 10% of what its capable of...

Thanks

Options
2019-10-11 06:37:02

@Batornator 

Hello, thanks for your reply. 

What about the stability when they are plugged into the same room as the main router? 

Have you ever tried to change any wireless settings, like wireless channel, channel width? 

In the meantime, when the wireless speed slows down, what about the wired speed you can get from the TL-WPA7510KIT? Is it normal? 

When and where did you buy this powerline adapters? 

Good day. 

Options
2019-10-11 06:57:01

@Kevin_Z the second set of images was plugged into the same 2 gang socket so that covers the same room test. I have played with the wireless settings with no difference being made. It was purchased from amazon. 

Wired connection suffers the same drop in speed as wifi

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2073

Replies: 4