Antivirus blocking "Proxy Avoidance" URL's

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-09-27 18:54:31 - last edited 2019-09-28 05:32:22
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.1

https://global.sitesafety.trendmicro.com/result.php

This and similar sites get blocked (also logged in "Antivirus History"), but TM indicates it is Safe (but obviously categorized as Proxy Avoidance):

https://global.sitesafety.trendmicro.com/result.php

Why? And how can we whitelist certain domains?

BTW: Also I noticed the database was updated last on August 8 2019 (should be monthly)?

Options
6 Reply
Re:Antivirus blocking proxy Avaoidance URL's
2019-09-28 05:15:14

@Jeehaa Mine was last updated on september 24th, maybe power cycle.

I agree we should definitely be able to whitelist stuff. 

Options
Re:Antivirus blocking "Proxy Avoidance" URL's
2019-09-29 02:07:01

@Jeehaa 

Hello, that is the point; even though it shows as safe but categorized as proxy avoidance, that is why you cannot access it. 

You can report it to Trendmicro, and try to disable "Malicious Content Filter" in Antivirus of Deco app. Then you will be able to log in to the website.

Meanwhile, you can reboot the devices, and ensure that the firmware is up to date. 

Good day. 

Options
2019-09-29 06:16:30
That does not make sense. The Malicious Content filter should only block malicious sites (very useful btw), not all in a certain category? To block certain categories we have Parental Control. A whitelisting option is needed here.
Options
2019-09-30 09:25:34

@Jeehaa 

Thanks for your reply, I got your point, while cause it was categorized to proxy avoidance, it was blocked by Deco. As a workaround, you can turn off the the antivirus feature .

And we have noted that, for the whitelist option, we will keep an eye on the similar reports.

And then we can will remind our R&D colleagues and ask them to evaluate the feasibility.

Good day. 

Options
2020-12-20 08:20:28

@Kevin_Z  I support the white list option to be added to the functionality.  Any person using a smart dns proxy service would require this functionality.  

Options
2020-12-21 01:09:05

@Pierre_S 

Good day,

Thank you a lot for your patience.

The latest firmware 1.5.1 on Deco M5 has added whitelist feature under the parental control.

Thanks a lot.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2530

Replies: 6

Related Articles