New Led Strip Light - Controller and Transformer kills my connection.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-09-28 09:35:53
Model: TL-WPA4220  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1

Hi,

I was happily using the powerline on a basement circuit. But we just had some LED strip lights fitted and as part of the setup a 24V Constant Voltage LED Driver 300 Watt IP67 (EC Series) and Wall mounts RGBW PWM LED controller single-zone.

The above is separated by a local wall fuse, so when off the internet flows through the powerline, but whenever the fuse is turned on (to allow the lights to come on) the internet  doesn't flow through the powerline.

Is there a workaround for this?

Thanks

Kingo

Options
2 Reply
Re:New Led Strip Light - Controller and Transformer kills my connection.
2019-09-29 03:30:33

@Kingo 

Does the TL-WPA4220 works well without the LED strip lights? 

And the performance of the powerline adapters depends on the power line environment.

What is the led status of the TL-WPA4220 when the strip lights powered on? Especially the internet (middle) one. 

Besides, try to change another sockets to plug them and verify whether they work.

Good day. 

Options
Re:New Led Strip Light - Controller and Transformer kills my connection.
2019-10-01 08:28:32 - last edited 2019-10-01 09:20:02

Yes, it has worked fine when the LED light fuse (isolator) is off and has worked fine until now. The led status stays the same – thing the internet light blinks more frequently. If I do a Ping and Speed test: LED Lights off 6ms Ping / 20Mbps – LED Lights on 500-900ms Ping / 0.01 Mbps I have tried changing sockets, but it affects all on the basement circuit....fortunatley the upper house isn't affected - think the way the fuse box is set up on two separate rings.

So after doing some research it seems Mesh might be the answer? the question is - if I use powerline to extend in the upper house - can I add a Mesh system, in addition, to cover the basement - i.e powerline above and mesh below - (assuming the Mesh system wouldn't be affected by the electrical wiring) would that solve the issue? 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 370

Replies: 2