Chromecast wont connect to powerline

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-09-29 23:04:39
Model: TL-WPA4220 KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I am using my powerline as my only internet router. It's been working fine since my apartment is small. But I bought a chromecast today and the chromecast won't connect to it. It's when I try to enter the password for the WiFi during the setup it just doesn't connect. I'm pretty sure it's something with the power line not supporting it or it might be a setting somehow. Any ideas?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Chromecast wont connect to powerline
2019-09-30 03:24:03

@Peppepp 

Hello, how do you install the TL-WPA4220? What is the current network diagram? Is there any error message if you failed to connect to the TP-Link wifi?

Try to change the wireless channel of the TL-WPA4220 to give it a go, like channel 1, 6 and 11. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/398/

You can enable the mobile hotspot and try to connect the chromecast to it.

Good day. 

Options
2019-09-30 12:14:21

@Kevin_Z 

Thanks for your reply. I have it installed to the Ethernet output I have in my wall. But when I try to connect the chromecast it errors after I have typed in the password. Just says failed to connect.

Options
2021-12-03 09:51:29

I'm facing the same issue with the same model and I haven't found any post with any reply marked as solved ¿Is there any solution?

For further information, in my case I tried both using the same SSID I was trying to extend (cloned with the WPS functionality) and with another SSID. Neither of then worked, as the chromecast states that "access point isolation" must be unchecked to proceed and the TL-WPA4220 device does not give that option in the configuration section (neither in the app, the web functionality or accessing via IP once connected).

I also try to configure it on the original net without any issue with the router configuration, so the issue is on the extender 100% sure.

Thanks in advance and kind regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1989

Replies: 3