Paring 3 powerline AC kit and security questions

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-10-02 14:41:52
Model: TL-WPA8630 KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I've managed to pair 3 powerline adapter together. TL-WPA8630 and TL-WPA8630P. I've read on some sites that is it not recommended to pair more than 2 devices at a time and also seen that many other people are doing otherwise. So is it even ok to pair more than 2 devices???

When it comes to powerline security I'm totally clueless. How can I protect my home network? Will paring my devices like this create a vulnerability in my home network? What further configurations can be done to secure my powerline network?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Paring 3 powerline AC kit and security questions
2019-10-08 11:36:40

@TECHNOOB 

Hello, you can pair more than 2 devices, in other word, you can add multiple powerline adapters into the same local network.

Second, once you paired the powerline adapters, they will be in the same network and they can communicate with each other. To protect the network, you can customize the wireless password of the powerline network.

Below is the instruction: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1611/

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 460

Replies: 1

Related Articles