Poweradapter kills my internet access?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-10-03 06:26:26
Model: TL-WPA4220 KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I'm trying to get some ethernet socket in my home by using the TL-WPA4220 kit. I have a wireless router and can easiely copy the WIFI settings (SSID and password) to the main TP link unit and relocate it to the position where I want to have my ethernet socket. I can even access the TP link unit from the App but after the relocation I can't access the internet by Wifi or Ethernet. The Wifi is working and I have good signal but no internet access. If I unplugg the TP link unit the Wifi works fine and I can access internet from my computer.

Is there some settings in the router that is wrong?

Please help!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Poweradapter kills my internet access?
2019-10-08 11:47:00

@mdahlb 

Have you copied the main router's wifi name and password? 

If so, try to reset the TL-WPA4220kit and repair them; this time, please do not copy the host SSID and password, instead, if you want to change the wireless settings, please use the utility to do that. Instruction as below:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1611/

How to reset: With the powerline adapter powered on, hold the reset button/hole for 10s to reset it.

Besides, what is the led status of the TL-WPA4220 after you relocate it? Please ensure that the powerline led comes on.

May it help and have a good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1130

Replies: 1