WiFi to Powerline to LAN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

WiFi to Powerline to LAN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
WiFi to Powerline to LAN
WiFi to Powerline to LAN
2019-10-03 07:12:56
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

Model: TL-WPA4220

I'd like to extend my existing WiFi using your TL-WPA4220KIT V4, I'm looking forward to buy. However I will not be able to connect my Router via LAN to the TL-PA4010. Instead I want to connect my router via WiFi to the TL-WPA4220 and distribute the network from this adapter via powerline to the TLPA4010 where it will be connected via LAN to a device.

In short:

Router>>> (via Wifi) >>> TL-WPA4220 >>> (via Powerline) >>> TLPA4010 >>> (via LAN) >>> device

Is this Setup possible? If not possible with this kit, which one should I buy for this application?

Options
1 Reply
Re:WiFi to Powerline to LAN
2019-10-08 11:50:20

@sf23 

Hello, for powerline adapters, the main unit need connect to the main router by wired cable to make them work. So back to your case, we are not able to set them up like you mentioned.

While cause you need to boost the wifi signal and provide an ethernet port, the range extender will be better choice. Which can connect to the main router by wireless and there is usually a LAN port existed. Like RE450, RE650. 

May it help and have a good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 487

Replies: 1

Related Articles