Archer T4U 1200AC disconnecting at high speeds

Re:Archer T4U 1200AC disconnecting at high speeds
2019-12-19 01:50:46

@Hayzech I didn't... at the end I changed to 2.4ghz. it's the only way this device is stable for me. Probably a single wall is making my 5ghz connection to drop.

Options
Re:Archer T4U 1200AC disconnecting at high speeds
2020-02-16 14:33:28 - last edited 2020-02-16 14:36:09

@Mauritz 

OK, so I'll describe one issue that I just solve that maybe is the culprit of all this mess.

Short version: make sure your device driver provider on Device-manager -> Properties -> driver -> is TP-Link Technologies

Long version

If you suffer from device disconnections and if you are able to replicate it, do it with the device manager open and click GENERAL on the TP link device. The device status will tell what is happening. I discovered two things on the adapter properties with this experiment:

1 - Windows was actually uninstalling the device and installing it again

2 - After that the DRIVER PROVIDER was Microsoft not TPLINK. Reinstalling the TPLINK driver was actually going back to the windows driver.

So, I tried to unistall the driver from microsoft and did not work on the first try, the driver was liked to c:/windows/system32/drivers/rtwlanu.sys. I moved that file to my desktop and forced the installation of the TPLink's driver from the device manager. For me, that file that I moved (rtwlanu.sys) was now installed by TP-Link's driver, it has a different size and on its properties now has a digital signature. I have never mess with that file before in my system.

Now I'm trying to make the device fails, but so far nada. All good in 2.4ghz and 5ghz

Options