Archer T4U V2 keep disconnecting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-01-15 23:48:28 - last edited 2020-10-23 07:48:12

Hi guys 

my Archer T4U V2 keep disconnecting. I am using windows 10 and my router is Asus RT-AC58U. 

I believe the problem is with 5G, not 2.5G.

is anyone have the same issue? is there any sulotion for this problem?

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Archer T4U V2 keep disconnecting-Solution
2020-10-19 18:39:53 - last edited 2020-10-23 07:48:12

@TigerAli had the same problem, and finaly find a solution for me.

Windows 10 forces it's own driver, wich seems to be the problem.  You have to download de driver from tplink page, then, you must disable windows 10 driver signature enforcement (https://windowsreport.com/driver-signature-enforcement-windows-10/).

I was constantly having issues with the other driver, continuous disconnects when reaching hig speed downloads, It was driving me crazy.  I follow those steps, and no more disconnetions for me.

Hope it Helps.

Cheers

Recommended Solution
Options
2021-03-12 05:56:14 - last edited 2021-05-13 07:05:59

Hi everyone, 

21-5-13 Update:  removed old driver

For T4U unstable issue:

•  Uninstall your current driver, and reinstall the official driver on tp-link website as # 3
  • Disable your old wireless adapter
  • Try the chipset driver for Archer T4U:

https://static.tp-link.com/beta/2021/202101/20210108/RTLWlanU_WindowsDriver_1030.41.0514.2020_Drv_3.00.0036(26078).zip

Recommended Solution
Options
11 Reply
Re:Archer T4U V2 keep disconnecting
2019-01-16 09:33:24

Hi,

Check Wi-Fi signal strength. If signal is weak, move the computer closer to your router if possible.

Change 5G channel and channel width on your router to avoid possible interference.

Try this driver 

http://support.tp-link.com/f/1d65b3727c/?dl=1

Installation guide

https://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-920.html

Options
2020-10-19 18:39:53 - last edited 2020-10-23 07:48:12

Windows 10 forces it's own driver, wich seems to be the problem.  You have to download de driver from tplink page, then, you must disable windows 10 driver signature enforcement (https://windowsreport.com/driver-signature-enforcement-windows-10/).

I was constantly having issues with the other driver, continuous disconnects when reaching hig speed downloads, It was driving me crazy.  I follow those steps, and no more disconnetions for me.

Hope it Helps.

Cheers

Recommended Solution
Options
2021-02-02 20:27:27

@Purulutus 

Purulutus wrote

Hope it Helps.

Cheers

I registered an account today to confirm that this solution worked for me.

My TP-Link AC1300 T4U kept disconnecting from the 5G WiFi network during periods of high traffic. After hearing the disconnect sound, the adapter would reconnect, and then randomly disconnect and reconnect from then on.

Checking device manager after the first disconnect, I could see that it had reverted to using the default driver (Driver Provider: Microsoft) rather than the TP-Link provided driver (Driver Provider: TP-Link Technologies Co., Ltd.). Switching it back to the TP-Link driver would only last a few mins before Windows 10 reverted it back to the Microsoft driver.

@Purulutus solution to disable Windows 10 driver signature enforcement (see https://windowsreport.com/driver-signature-enforcement-windows-10/) worked. After you have disabled Windows 10 driver signature enforcement, restart your PC. You may also need to manually re-select the TP-Link provided driver from device manager after you have restarted, but once selected, it should remain the selected driver from then on.

The screenshot below shows the correct driver.

Options
2021-02-05 10:38:43
Hello everyone, i have an Archer T4U V3.2 that i just bought and since i was experiencing some disconnection from my network i followed the steps listed here to install drivers from TP-Link website. I did everything and disabled windows integrity checks successfully. The problem i encountered afterwards was that in my network settings, my receive speed was always stuck at 54mbps while my transmitting speed was at the my actual full network speed. While using Microsoft's provided driver i was getting my actual full receive speed so i actually installed Microsoft drivers back again. Also Microsoft's drivers are a bit more recent, dated 2019. Anyway I haven't seen any complaints regarding my problem so i'm asking if anyone has experienced this issue and if he did, whether are there any steps i must follow so i can get the full receiving speed while using TP-Link's drivers. Thank you everyone
Options
2021-03-09 11:32:13
Can confirmed that this worked but bear in mind, if you turn off digital signature, it will cause some minor security problems to your computer. For instance, Third Party Anti Cheat Software like VALORANT Vanguard. If you turn it off, you can't play the game until you turned it on because Vanguard detect that you disable the digital signature. If you don't play the game, they you are good to go. For me, I have just to live with the Windows one. It sucks badly and will disconnected on its own when you are downloading with full speed. Above 10MB/s something. When you revert back to the original driver, it works fine. You can switch to the driver manually at device manager but Windows will revert back to their driver after you restart or turn off your PC.
Options
2021-03-12 05:56:14 - last edited 2021-05-13 07:05:59

Hi everyone, 

21-5-13 Update:  removed old driver

For T4U unstable issue:

•  Uninstall your current driver, and reinstall the official driver on tp-link website as # 3
  • Disable your old wireless adapter
  • Try the chipset driver for Archer T4U:

https://static.tp-link.com/beta/2021/202101/20210108/RTLWlanU_WindowsDriver_1030.41.0514.2020_Drv_3.00.0036(26078).zip

Recommended Solution
Options
2021-03-28 18:16:01

@Solla-topee Thanks for your reply. Just got the time to check it out. Unfortunately, the driver you provided cannot be install. It is stuck on 90% for like 30 minutes now. I realize it's a T3U Adapter and I don't think it's compatible with the T4U. Thus, the setup can't continue. You got the T4U edition ?

Already open the setup instead of the autorun. Still can't proceed.

Options
2021-03-29 01:28:07

@HariszKilz Hi, 

Thank you for your valuable feedback, I updated a new public driver for T3U/T4U in the recommended solution, please give it a try and see if this driver helps ~ 

Options
2021-03-29 08:28:24

@Solla-topee Hi. Thank you for your prompt reply. I currently using the driver provided by @Kevin_Z in this post: https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/232000

So, it's looking kinda fine for now but I yet to test it downloading something big as the disconnecting issue will only occur to me if I downloading big size files. Probably disconnect due to high traffic but I will monitor it for now. If the previous driver does not work, I will use the new driver that your provided. Again, thank you :)

Options
2021-05-09 00:23:59 - last edited 2021-05-09 00:30:29

@TigerAli 

Background:
    Got a brand new Archer T4U V3 after my previous EDUP wifi adapter failed after about a year or so.
    Before that, my PC had a NET-DYN adapter which lasted maybe 3 years or so before dying.
    As soon as I got the T4U, it had a terrible time staying connected to the internet, kept disconnecting and reconnecting at random times as if someone had unplugged the USB.
    I thought signal was bad so I got a USB extension and put it up higher, but it still had the issue, and Windows said device driver was the latest version.

Was able to resolve this issue via the following steps:
    1. Went to Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Devices and Printers -> right click wifi adapter -> Properties -> Hardware -> Properties -> Change Settings -> Driver -> Uninstall Device, uninstalled driver for the T4U as well.
    2. After this, the Archer T4U could no longer connect to the internet.
    3. Ran Microsoft troubleshooter on the adapter, installed generic Microsoft driver, still could not connect.
    4. Ran troubleshooter again, it did some kind of network reset and administrative change, still couldn't connect.
    5. Downloaded T3U/T4U Beta driver from this forum: https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/153227?replyId=506056
    6. During install, it got stuck at 90% and never finished, so I canceled the installation.
    7. Ran troubleshooter again, still no connection.
    8. Downloaded T4U driver from TP-Link website via laptop, copied to desktop PC. I believe it was this page: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/archer-t4u/#Driver
    9. In Device Manager, removed the Archer T4U adapter.
    10. Unplugged Archer T4U for a little while, plugged it back in.
    11. It appeared in Device Manager.
    12. Installed the downloaded T4U driver, now the Wifi Adapter works perfectly without constantly disconnecting, playing the sound, and showing the no connection globe symbol on taskbar.

Additionally, after the device started working properly:
    1. In Devices and Printers -> Wifi Adapter -> Properties -> Hardware -> Properties -> Change Settings -> Power Management, turned off the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power".
    2. In Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Power Options -> Change Plan Settings -> Change advanced power settings -> USB settings -> USB selective suspend setting -> Made sure it was disabled. Also Wireless Adapter Settings -> Power Saving Mode -> Setting: Maximum Performance.
        I had already tried these options earlier, they didn't resolve the disconnecting but still seemed like a good idea to keep.
    3. Opened wifi adapter to nearly 180 degrees, but bent in one tick. This seemed to reduce some occasional slowness I was getting when other people were in the room using wifi.

I'm thinking either the T3U/T4U beta driver failed install fixed the issue, or else removing the device and re-installing the driver from the website somehow resolved the issue. I'm thinking it's also possible that the other 2 wifi adapters used on this PC may have been causing some sort of issue for the Archer as well.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 16094

Replies: 11

Related Articles