Indicator Colours Web Administration - Archer VR900 v3

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-10-04 21:15:03 - last edited 2019-10-08 08:30:08
Model: Archer VR900  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 0.2.0 0.9.1 v0069.0

Hi all,

Just purchased this router and I have been wondering about the colours of the indicators on the web admin page for Internet, 2.4GHz and 5GHz.

On the basic page, they all show orange:

However, under Advances, the 2.4GHz Wireless indicator remains Orange but the 5GHz indicator turns blue. 

It would appear that Blue fits the theme of the Web Admin pages and therefore means all ok and Orange perhaps not, but I'm not sure.

Also, strangely I cannot connect to http://tplinkwifi.net/ 

and when I use the IP address 192.168.1.1 it shows as Not Secure 

To me, it feels like something in the settings isn't quite right but as I am new to TP-Link Routers, I am not sure whether everything is ok or not.I've checked the User Manual, seached online etc. but couldn't find any advice on these points.

If someone could explain these parts, I'd be very grateful. 

Thank you! 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Indicator Colours Web Administration - Archer VR900 v3
2019-10-08 08:27:41 - last edited 2019-10-08 08:30:08

@BHA 

First, the orange led or the blue led won't affect the performance of wireless network. 

The orange and blue led on the status page is to verify the 2 wireless networks easily. 

Second, the domain name to access Archer VR900 is tplinkmodem.net, not tplinkwifi.net. 

To access with IP address, first you need connect your computer or smart phone to the VR900 and then login to the web UI.

Below is an instruction you can have a look: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2236/

May it help and have a good day. 

Options
2019-10-13 09:11:07

@Kevin_Z  Many thanks for your advice! Everywhere on TP Link's support documentation (including the one you linked me to) advises to use tplinkwifi.net for the web based admin but both tplinkmodem.net and the IP address work for me so that's good! 

Thanks for the confirmation about the coloured indicators; again in other set up videos I saw the Internet, 2.4GHz and 5GHz all showing blue so that's why I wondered. I'm guessing there must have been a firmware update to change these since that video.

Options
2019-10-14 01:08:30

@BHA 

Thanks for your reply, glad to help you. 

The domain name in that link is an example, it varies due to different products. tplinkwifi.net is for wireless router, while tplinkmodem.net is used for DSL modem router, like Archer VR900. 

Below is the instruction: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1730/ 

Best regards. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 676

Replies: 3

Related Articles