MR400v2 (Frequent disconnection of Internet)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-10-16 11:24:11
Model: Archer MR400  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.9.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 190307 Rel.45273n

Hello,

I have been using MR400 for last three months, but i feel router UI needs to be upgraded. I am getting frequent disconnection of Internet. 

Already Manual APN created and Primary DNS set as 8.8.8.8  and Secondary DNS set as 8.8.4.4 as per following link 

https://www.tp-link.com/in/support/faq/2468/ and https://www.tp-link.com/in/support/faq/2469/

Case 1 - i am noticing when there is change in LTE Band to receive from ISP its happening, means if internet conneted to Band3 but after sometime router connected to Band3 or Band 41 or Band 20 (Here my ISP provide internet in multiple Band). When this happend internet status is disconnected. 

Case 2 - If i use USSD mode like*142# to check the balance, after network display results, Internet got disconnected and its not connecting again. 

In this both cases forcefully i need to resart the router to make it working again (Yesterday itself 4 to 5 times happened, i was fedup to use this router) 

1st Propsed Solution Expecting - If you would have been add manual 4g frequency selection under network setting, this problem would not be happen.

2nd Proposed solution expecting - Need to fix the firmaware for USSD issue.

To be honest, i am having Alcatel HH70(Without external antenna), in this router from the same service provider i am getting speed of 60 to 70Mbps speed but with this MR400 speed reaching only 20 to 30Mbps. 

File:
MR400.jpegDownload
Options
5 Reply
Re:MR400v2 (Frequent disconnection of Internet)
2019-10-17 06:50:52

@Kevin_Z or TP_Link Support

I am waiting for your reply here. 

Options
2019-10-18 03:12:16

@niza2000in 

Hello, for the feature to fix the network band the router uses, we do receive some similar cases and remind our product engineer, while it is not enough yet, we need more cases to analyze and figure out how you can select the best network bands without trying them one by one, which is worse and hurt the customer experience. It is very suggested to keep an eye on official website for the updates. 

Regarding to the network auto-switch issue, except the device, it may relates to the ISP as well on the perspective of the negotiation of the network bands. 

After it switched network band, please verify whether the router gets a valid internet IP and gateway; you can show us a screenshot of the status page.

For the USSD mode, may I know what message you sent to ISP? You can show us a picture of it and the reply from the ISP.

After that ( internet drops out), what is the internet IP address of the Archer MR400? You can show us a screenshot of the advanced-status page as well. 

Besides, once the connection lost, you can go to advanced-system tools-system log and save it, export to us then. 

Good day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2019-10-18 07:32:05

@Kevin_Z 

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for reply, Whahever the file which you are requested i attached here with proof see how many times inteternet disconnected. You can see the log. 

I performed USSD with ISP to check the balance and returns the value for balance check. After ISP returns value router got disconneted the internet and its not connect internet until i reboot the reouter. 

I attached screenshot and error log file before and after reboot of router. 

Thanks

File:
TP Link Error.zipDownload
Options
2019-10-19 12:37:26

@Kevin_Z 

Hi Kevin, pls find another log for Internet disconnection. 

Thanks

File:
log (6).txtDownload
Options
2019-10-22 07:55:37

@Kevin_Z 

I am waiting for your response, i can notice from other thread you are replying only to the person who does't know technical knowledge with your  genric answer.

But tehcnical person like me if i ask anything you are not in a position to reply, I have provided all the requested file and log, how many times internet is getting disconnected. 

But no response from your side. 

Thanks,

Nizamudeen 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1982

Replies: 5

Related Articles