TL-WPA4220KIT : The N300 can get the AV600 signal only when it's in the same room

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TL-WPA4220KIT : The N300 can get the AV600 signal only when it's in the same room

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-10-18 19:27:14 - last edited 2019-10-21 06:57:50
Model: TL-WPA4220 KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello, I just  bought the AV600+N300 kit on Amazon to put off the Ethernet cable going throught all my flat and I followed the step meaning I paired them pluging them in the same room first. After that I put off the N300 to plug it in my room which is like maybe 20m away. Sadly the signal can't reach it or is like 0.2Mbit/s. I tried all the plugs in my room and a lot in my flat but it only works when it's really close of the box internet, which is useless. 

You may know that I plugged them both directly on the wall.

Moreover, my PC can't detect the wifi. Don't know why. I know it can't work my 5GHz wifi but apparently the one of N300 is 2.4HGz so I don't know why my pc can't detect it

Do you have solutions for my problems ? 

Thank you !

Options
2 Reply
Re:TL-WPA4220KIT : The N300 can get the AV600 signal only when it's in the same room
2019-10-21 06:57:36 - last edited 2019-10-21 06:57:50

@TTriforce 

What is the model number of the N300? How do you connect these devices  together? You can draw us a network diagram/layout. 

With these devices plugged into the same, what is the speed you can get from them? Is it normal compared to the speed you get from the main router when next to it? 

Try to optimize the wireless settings by changing the wireless channel and channel width. On the one hand, to improve the wireless performance, second, you can test whether the TP-Link wifi can be detected.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1611/

Besides, try to update he firmware to the up to date. 

Good day. 

Options
Re:TL-WPA4220KIT : The N300 can get the AV600 signal only when it's in the same room
2019-10-21 15:39:33

@Kevin_Z 

I have this pack TL-WPA4220KIT

I simply plug the first one to the box with an ethernet cable and then I plug it directly to the wall.

I then plug the second one to the wall as well, somewhere in my flat.

When I plug them both in the same room, I have like 12 Mbit/s with the CPL wifi when I have 15 Mbit/s when I am directly plugged to the box with an ethernet cable which is decent.

I have fix the wireless which is cool but not a lot more interesting. I do prefer do use ethernet but sadly when I plug the CPL in my room, the CPL doesn't even get the signal :/

For now I think I will send them back.

I am pretty sure your product is fine but well I can't fix all my flat electrical lines. Indeed I think the problem comes from that.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 796

Replies: 2

Related Articles