Extender vs router wifi issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-10-19 08:56:05 - last edited 2019-10-22 03:02:07

I'm new to the forum and I apologize if this issue has been addressed before.

I've been using a TP-Link AV500 TL-WPA4530 Kit for quite some time with very good results. A few days ago the network Router broke down and was replaced by the service provider. I was told the Router is exactly the same model as the old one.

As expected, there were some trouble with the Extender because it was configured in accordance with the old Router.

I decided to reset the extender and then proceed as if I was using the kit for the first time: paired up the extender and the adapter, and copied the router settings to the extender by using the routers's WPS. Then I relocated the extender to where I want it to be.

It seemed to have worked but now some devices can't connect to the extender, which I find odd:

IPad had no problem until I had to turn it off. Now it can connect;

Some Android phones are able to connect, but others just fail to get IP address;

TV is able to connect but not to the "cloned" network name, only to the TP-LINK XXXXX which also appears on the available networks list.

What can I do? Can somebody help me?

I do thank in advance 

Options
6 Reply
Re:Extender vs router wifi issues
2019-10-22 03:01:53 - last edited 2019-10-22 03:02:07

@Rui.R 

Hello, please ensure that the powerline leds on both units are on now; for the wireless settings, it is not suggested to clone them via the WPS button, instead, you can use the utility to customize them to the same as the host network.

Now you can verify whether you have cloned the wifi settings successfully or not. Instruction as below:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1611/

Good day. 

Options
2019-12-30 09:26:28 - last edited 2019-12-30 09:27:22

The suggestion is very illustrative.I was actually looking for that I have a query to bring to notice that I am unable to access the Linksys router login page in my Hp pc with the windows 10 version.Suggest us what did we missed to follow regarding the Router Reviews?

Options
2020-06-29 19:18:45

A large number of pristine items will join the growing positions of Alexa-good ip address router password equipment this year.

Options
2020-07-01 18:56:51

The senior relative and their friends and family will need to download the organization's Ensemble routersettings site application to utilize its informing abilities.

Options
2020-07-04 15:38:41

At the point when we last looked into Eero, we viewed the network somewhat as excessively costly Routerlogin for its speed, so the rebate makes it substantially more engaging.

Options
2021-08-24 07:22:27

@Rui.R I am also facing same login issues for my router. But I tried this and worked for me.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 608

Replies: 6

Related Articles